• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Concerns of South Korea Boycott of Japanese Products Extends to Butt Detective, Detective

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Welp, Korea has been making a splash of dumb headlines lately. I remember reading that some blokes from there plan to sue Ronaldo for not playing on a freaking friendly cause of legitimate health reasons and now this... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Gamlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:54 pm Reply with quote
All because of a chemical? No wonder both countries are idiots/never want to get along for eternity.
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Gamlin wrote:
All because of a chemical? No wonder both countries are idiots/never want to get along for eternity.

Chemical that is essential to productions of high tech electronics in which South Korean is famed for. Japan produce majority of the chemical globaly.
Basically, You like korean made phone like Samsung? Lol dead.

They of course could ask China who also produce the chemical, but whether the Korean want to as them is up in the air.

As for why this debacle happen, Korean keep asking Japan about "compensation for forced-laboured. The thing is, Japan had already paid them 60 years ago to the Korean government but none of the money reach the victims due to rampant corruption. And they keep bringing the issue again every elections. The Japanese are tired and the decide to block them instead.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:10 am Reply with quote
Gamlin wrote:

A chemical sometimes used in weapons development. Which made its way to North Korea. Who make no secret of wanting to fire some nasty weapons at Japan. You can't really blame Japan for wanting to stop that.

Could it have been supplied to North Korea by someone other than South Korea? Maybe, but either Japan are pretty sure it was South Korea or just want to close what possible avenues they can. And it's not entirely fair to call the countries in question idiots or say they never want to get along; various bits of history do provide good reason for not entirely trusting or otherwise having hard feelings.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:48 am Reply with quote
Really? North Korea could've obtained that chemical from someone else, most likely China. I could've figured this out in 5th grade, I know both sides are smarter than 5th graders. Can't Japan and South Korea just get along for once.
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Really? North Korea could've obtained that chemical from someone else, most likely China. I could've figured this out in 5th grade, I know both sides are smarter than 5th graders. Can't Japan and South Korea just get along for once.

I don't think you are smart at all. They are most likely acting on intel from inside sources.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1