• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - The Leaky News Faucet

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:44 pm Reply with quote
-CAPCOM: They keep having problems with this. Still, always nice to see more of Poison. And while they're at it, MAKE ANOTHER FINAL FIGHT, CAPCOM! I also fully expect the final Soulcalibur VI character to be revealed (Namco's been weirdly quiet since Amy released)

-Smash: Got to playing Hero and he's a whole lot of fun, basically a variation on Robin but with even more reliance on spell management. I picked Arusu because of the Hiyama Factor (I loved how Sakurai even mentioned Gaogaigar)

-Sakura Wars: Looking good as always with the Shanghai Revue being a bunch of Chinese chefs who just so happen to kick ass. I demand a Spanish Revue who take cues from Zorro. And yes, the switch to an action RPG was surprising, but the focus has always been with the visual novel stuff so I don't feel that it's a deal breaker
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:30 pm Reply with quote
It seems Capcom also leaked Monster Hunter World reveals...only via cookies. Apparently they've released cookies that have monster's icons on it... and it has monsters like Zinogre, who hasn't been announced. And apparently it's icon is different to the old icon, and why would you make a new one if not to use it in the game...?
GJ capcom
(I hadn't actually seen the news, a coworker just told me about it yesterday. Looking it up it seems like old news but still...if it turns out to be true, I welcome cookiegate)
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:11 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
It seems Capcom also leaked Monster Hunter World reveals...only via cookies. Apparently they've released cookies that have monster's icons on it... and it has monsters like Zinogre, who hasn't been announced. And apparently it's icon is different to the old icon, and why would you make a new one if not to use it in the game...?
GJ capcom
(I hadn't actually seen the news, a coworker just told me about it yesterday. Looking it up it seems like old news but still...if it turns out to be true, I welcome cookiegate)

Sounds tasty
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:49 pm Reply with quote
" I really like the idea of multiple artists each creating their own global Combat Revue designs, and I'm eager to see who else they've brought in to work on the game!"

Same here, it should make for a fun mash up. It reminds me of Xenoblade 2 which had a nice variety in Blade designs thanks to having a variety of guest artists too
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:
(Also, he's kind of an awful person in general, but that's another topic entirely.)

This is why I'm not too keen on adding any more Sugiyama music to my VGM collection if I can help it. It's a shame he's so awful because besides the delightful DQ scores, he wrote one of my favorite game OSTs of all time (Mystery Dungeon 2: Shiren the Wanderer).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1