Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Steel Angel Kurumi Gets New Merch for 20th Anniversary




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ouran High School Dropout
Subscriber



Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Posts: 440
Location: Somewhere in Massachusetts, USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Yay, Kurumi! Very Happy No matter how many years go by, I'll always adore that sweet, pink-haired bubblehead. It's one of those titles I hope is on Discotek's radar.

"I'm Master's Kurumi, yes I am!" (If not an actual line, it should be!)


Last edited by Ouran High School Dropout on Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Takkun4343



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 1101
Location: Gahanna, Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:40 pm Reply with quote
And here I thought kigurumi cosplay was the only thing keeping Kurumi relevant in the current year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas



Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 4728
Location: Virginia, United States
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Blast from the past. Steel Angel Kurumi!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ouran High School Dropout
Subscriber



Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Posts: 440
Location: Somewhere in Massachusetts, USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
And here I thought kigurumi cosplay was the only thing keeping Kurumi relevant in the current year.

I've been in anime fandom for 20 years and had to look this up. A form of cosplay all its own. Learn something new every day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heishi



Joined: 06 Mar 2016
Posts: 1123
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:29 pm Reply with quote
If not a 15th anniversary celebration for Kannazuki no Miko, then let's have a 20th anniversary celebration for that, then. I just hope we see some new merch for that series, too.

Nice to see Kaishaku's work being recognized again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Key
Moderator


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 16503
Location: Indianapolis, IN (formerly Mimiho Valley)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Have fond memories of this one, though I haven't rewatched it in geez, probably a decade now. Would love to see it get a complete set rerelease so I have an excuse to review it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wmderemer
Subscriber



Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 246
Location: Easton, PA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Ouran High School Dropout wrote:
It's one of those titles I hope is on Discotek's radar.

"I'm Master's Kurumi, yes I am!" (If not an actual line, it should be!)


I PRAY for an HD Blu-ray release, but I'll settle for SD on BD... I have all the original DVDs, but would love it all in one convenient package, complete with ADVs original dub, please!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mizuki-Takashima



Joined: 10 Sep 2011
Posts: 201
Location: Central Illinois, USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I never actually watched the show, but I remember when I was a smol weeb I watched a lot of ADV films DVD's. The special features for just about every show had a trailer for Steel Angel Kurumi 2.

It was the kind of trailer that was more or less just the opening theme song.

It's a catchy tune and I can't help but be nostalgic and happy when I listen to it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MoonPhase1



Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 396
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:15 pm Reply with quote
wmderemer wrote:
Ouran High School Dropout wrote:
It's one of those titles I hope is on Discotek's radar.

"I'm Master's Kurumi, yes I am!" (If not an actual line, it should be!)


I PRAY for an HD Blu-ray release, but I'll settle for SD on BD... I have all the original DVDs, but would love it all in one convenient package, complete with ADVs original dub, please!


It’s been on Blu-ray in Japan for 7 years. Not English friendly though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
njprogfan
Subscriber



Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 721
Location: A River Named Toms
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:25 am Reply with quote
Would be nice to get the last two volumes of the manga Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Ouran High School Dropout
Subscriber



Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Posts: 440
Location: Somewhere in Massachusetts, USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 am Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima wrote:
I never actually watched the show, but I remember when I was a smol weeb I watched a lot of ADV films DVD's. The special features for just about every show had a trailer for Steel Angel Kurumi 2.

It was the kind of trailer that was more or less just the opening theme song.

It's a catchy tune and I can't help but be nostalgic and happy when I listen to it!

Funny you should mention this. At Anime Boston 2018, I snagged a factory-sealed Audio CD of the SAK2 soundtrack, which included the full versions of the OP and ED. How the vendor got a hold of it, I couldn't tell you.

To everyone: really nice to see the love for a 20-year-old show! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wrangler



Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Posts: 1323
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I like Steel Angel Kurumi back in the day. I won't trust today's anime companies trying make new material for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fanime99



Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 40
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:25 am Reply with quote
I have lost my original copies of the DVDs, and I would like to get new copies - Blurays would be nice, but DVDs would be OK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group