• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Citrus+ Yuri Manga's 1st Volume Gets Simultaneous Release in 8 Territories

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:23 pm Reply with quote
This is outstanding. I am so happy becuase I absolutely love the series
hikura

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Why is there a big delay between digital release and print release. I understand their would be a delay but a four month delay seems weird.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 pm Reply with quote
hikura wrote:
Why is there a big delay between digital release and print release. I understand their would be a delay but a four month delay seems weird.

The US physical bookstore sales system requires 8-9 months time warning ahead of publication date in order to fit it into the whole distribution. Then, publishers need to provide the paperbacks to the distributors like 3-4 months ahead of street date. I would assume SS will be getting materials to translate the volume sometime in September or October, if their relationship with the Japanese publisher is close and editing of the volume has been completed in Japan. So yea, February is about the fastest they could get the paperbacks out. I'm honestly impressed they could do it that fast.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:26 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome!
Sticks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:24 am Reply with quote
I love this manga series. And I only started reading it earlier this year. I was upset when I learned it ended at Vol. 10.
But now that the spin-off is coming soon, I can’t be more excited.
I love the manga, anime, characters and the feels that come with it.
I can hardly wait. Smile
hikura

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:46 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
hikura wrote:

The US physical bookstore sales system requires 8-9 months time warning ahead of publication date in order to fit it into the whole distribution. Then, publishers need to provide the paperbacks to the distributors like 3-4 months ahead of street date. I would assume SS will be getting materials to translate the volume sometime in September or October, if their relationship with the Japanese publisher is close and editing of the volume has been completed in Japan. So yea, February is about the fastest they could get the paperbacks out. I'm honestly impressed they could do it that fast.

They got the material ahead of time for translating and other things to do a release at the same time. So why not ship to the printers ahead of time? I know it takes time but that's slow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1