• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Rising of The Shield Hero Anime Gets 2 More Seasons

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number 6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Quote:
And they are right to an extent. I liked Shield Hero fine, but it meandered around a lot with Naofumi being pissy about his false accusation and being a butt-head (with mildly good reason) only for Fitoria to say "Did you try to prove your innocence?", which in reality is one of the first things someone would do in this situation. So its not like their complaints are completely unfounded.

Now, it's not that Fitoria didn't have a point, but in the end, she was just a large bird that lived away from humans so she's pretty much ignorant. After just arriving, the princess of a matriarcal country that generally doesn't care or even despises the Shield Hero, if we think about the King, accused him of sexual assault. It didn't matter what he said. No one would believe him. Specially with the Spear Hero acting like a White Knight™. You can see it in real life as well. Be it some famous guy or just some random dude, people are judging you and wanting to beat the crap out of you without a formal trial. Even if you're proven innocent, that label of sexual offender may very well stick with you.

But I too understand the complaints. I have to recognize that the characters in the show were not particularly complex, with pretty much all antagonists being shallow, causing people to not really care about the characters. I liked the main core group well enough, though. But that's me.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
Raphtalia's tragic backstory was actually a proslavery propaganda piece ...

If that means that sooner or later we will have an anime adaption of A Harem in the Fantasy World Dungeon, then more power to them!
teferi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Catsplay wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:
Catsplay wrote:
I know I'm not alone in liking the main characters and they were extremely popular so I guess you can't act like objectively the series failed to endear people to its cast, it's definitely subjective there.

Actually yes they can. The show might have endeared you to the cast, but not everyone is you. Not everyone enjoyed it. People can have differing opinions without being told they have a personal problem for liking or not liking a show.

Did you even read what I wrote!? I LITERALLY said it's subjective and trying to tell the guy I quoted that it wasn't objective that the cast wasn't endearing and that we had a difference of opinion. Please actually pay attention before posting a response.

They did, they just seemed to not quote the rest of your response. You said it was their personal problem that the show didn't endear the characters to them, but that's not true. If the show didn't engage them, then its the shows fault in one form or another.

And they are right to an extent. I liked Shield Hero fine, but it meandered around a lot with Naofumi being pissy about his false accusation and being a butt-head (with mildly good reason) only for Fitoria to say "Did you try to prove your innocence?", which in reality is one of the first things someone would do in this situation. So its not like their complaints are completely unfounded.

Psycho 101 is basically saying that someone can be objective while not being objective. Seems less like a time to argue and more like a time to crack open a dictionary.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:29 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:

If that means that sooner or later we will have an anime adaption of A Harem in the Fantasy World Dungeon, then more power to them!

I'll second that. Though I hope the manga gets licensed also.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I’m glad to see this as by the end of the first season, there were still some answers that were not provided in regards to the world of the series. Also, seeing the last episode have a character join the main party and not following up on how that dynamic will play out would have been upsetting to me if this news didn’t happen, so I’m looking forward to that as well.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Siegfriedl88 wrote:

guess thats one qualifier...Im a big fan of Re:zero and konosuba and both of them are getting or got more than one season.

This seems like a show id enjoy, just never took the time too watch it....yet.

The story's concept is also atypical since (spoilers for the first couple episodes) spoiler[since the main character ends up being framed and ostracized for crimes he didn't commit and understandably becomes a cynical anti-hero that has to resort to different methods to get stronger, gather allies, and survive.] The characters are interesting in my opinion, I especially like Raftalia.

made a compelling argument for the show and I finally took the time too watch it...loved it so much i had too go and buy the available 13 novels Smile

looking forward too the additional seasons quite a bit now!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5