• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Capcom Reveals Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection for January Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Happy about those casual options. The thought of replaying those games again gives me nightmares, especially making those high ranks.
Adv193

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:33 am Reply with quote
Mega Man ZX Advent is one of the hardest Mega Man games which back then there was no casual mode. Other games that I played that fit this rank are Mega Man X6-X8, and Mega Man 9.

At least the releases of Mega Man 10 and the previous Mega Man Zero Collection set up some that were both released in 2010 added some more casual features for inexperienced players.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Oh this is excellent news. School is starting back and already I'm talking to students about VGs. So the interest is on the Switch right now. So this will be something to pick up. So I will be adding this to my list to purchases.
Adv193

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I will also not be surprised if some type of medal-type challenge mission system will be included in the game for accomplishing certain feats which was previously done with the Mega Man X Legacy Collection releases, and Mega Man 11.
RafaelCalintz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:22 pm Reply with quote
When i played the first megaman zero, it was pretty easy. And then i got the collection afterwards. So i went back to the orignal to see if i can get the highest score. I played on the super gameboy advance on the gamecube, then my friend joined and he's pretty bad at mega man games. And then we both learned how to get the top score and how many enemies you had to defeat in a stage. The only problem was when we got to the end, you had to beat all 8 bosses and the last boss without getting hurt, but when we finally did it, it was awesome!

I really want the collection to have its own story but i dont think anybody does that.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:33 pm Reply with quote
It should also be noted for Switch users that this is the first collection to have all games in one cart so no half-digital release like the last Mega Man collections had.

I have mixed feelings over the Zero series but regardless, I'm glad they're continuing with releasing these collections physically in the US after their recent handling of the Ace Attorney Trilogy was a real letdown (digital-only except in Japan on all consoles) and had me worried for a bit. I'll definitely be picking it up and with it having pre-order DLC like Mega Man 11 had, I'll be doing just that soon.

With Capcom going multi-platform for these Game Boy Advance & DS games, I look forward to seeing how they handle the inevitable Battle Network collection and what they will include there.

Adv193 wrote:
Mega Man ZX Advent is one of the hardest Mega Man games which back then there was no casual mode. Other games that I played that fit this rank are Mega Man X6-X8, and Mega Man 9.

While I won't speak for ZX Advent since I never owned a DS (would have with 3DS had they not cancelled Legends 3 back then), I will say that the first Zero game on GBA was a very hard one to deal with to the point where I had to buy an Action Replay, after learning of and borrowing one from a friend in High School, in order to get through it. Didn't work for 2 & 3 but then those games weren't as frustrating to go through compared to the first so I kinda got lucky.

Quote:
At least the releases of Mega Man 10 and the previous Mega Man Zero Collection set up some that were both released in 2010 added some more casual features for inexperienced players.

Yeah I had heard about the DS collection improving things which is good that they're being carried over to this new collection. Hope it improves Zero 1 for the better.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I tend to not like Mega Man games that much. I played the Mega Man 11 demo on my Switch, and I felt like breaking my Joy-Cons as I played it. I kept dying every time I got closer to to the enemy I needed to defeat.
Adv193

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:05 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
It should also be noted for Switch users that this is the first collection to have all games in one cart so no half-digital release like the last Mega Man collections had.

I have mixed feelings over the Zero series but regardless, I'm glad they're continuing with releasing these collections physically in the US after their recent handling of the Ace Attorney Trilogy was a real letdown (digital-only except in Japan on all consoles) and had me worried for a bit. I'll definitely be picking it up and with it having pre-order DLC like Mega Man 11 had, I'll be doing just that soon.

With Capcom going multi-platform for these Game Boy Advance & DS games, I look forward to seeing how they handle the inevitable Battle Network collection and what they will include there.

Adv193 wrote:

While I won't speak for ZX Advent since I never owned a DS (would have with 3DS had they not cancelled Legends 3 back then), I will say that the first Zero game on GBA was a very hard one to deal with to the point where I had to buy an Action Replay, after learning of and borrowing one from a friend in High School, in order to get through it. Didn't work for 2 & 3 but then those games weren't as frustrating to go through compared to the first so I kinda got lucky.

Quote:

Yeah I had heard about the DS collection improving things which is good that they're being carried over to this new collection. Hope it improves Zero 1 for the better.

Believe me that the level design for ZX Advent is a reminder of Mega Man X6's nasty level design. But like with X6, it took a lot of work just to beat it, Casual Mode is recommended for first-time players to develop their skills.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Can they fix X Legacy Collection's PC issues too? I might just end up buying it on Switch because of the stuff I'm hearing, and Capcom is being Capcom and not doing jack about patching it beyond the one patch they did last year.

If they do a BN collection it better have the extra stuff like the Battle Chip Gate chips and the Boktai crossover in 6, surely they wouldn't skimp on that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1