• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Love Stinks and Sex Sucks in O Maidens in Your Savage Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:24 pm Reply with quote
At this point, I think that O Maidens has won as one of the top of the season, maybe fighting for the place with Symphogear, which has been working off of its previous four seasons. I liked that the article was more sympathetic towards Niina, who from what I have seen is getting a lot of negative reactions, while really she is just kind of a messed up teenager who is the result of messed up things done by an abuser. She could hopefully come out the other end a better person.

As I said in the review topic, you can probably trace most of their problems to things like poor sex education, and being in a period where they are supposed to be figuring that sort of out, all the while society is kind of fighting against them (the school trying to shut them down earlier for some smut). Rika overcoming her preconceived notions of sexuality was one of the highlights so far.
ericarreza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:44 am Reply with quote
Warning: this is a NSFW post.

spoiler[Suck Sex is the new Deep Throat.] You know what I mean. Laughing
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 am Reply with quote
Still find it bizarre that despite Hongou doing everything wrong to exacerbate the situation, even sexually molesting her teacher in the latest episode, Milo gets the bad reputation in this little chat. The guy wants nothing to do with her. He's getting blackmailed. This ain't on him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1