• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Premiere Report - Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:39 pm Reply with quote
yurigasaki wrote:
can we PLEASE stop giving things to this director, anime industry. please and thank you.

Why would they do that then when Japan is already severely understaffed? In addition, the director did things other than Uzamaid. Also, you're blaming the entire episode to a single person where it might not be fully the director's fault. At least, learn to read up about the state of the anime industry and how it works before making uninformed comments like that.
Yaafm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Oggers wrote:
Yaafm wrote:
Your average anime watcher will watch it.

You do realize most anime watchers aren't into lolicon fanservice, right? Because that's probably going to drive a lot of viewers away once they see it.

Actually, if you want to generalize, you realize 'most' anime watchers dont care? Thats its just the very few and outspoken individuals on the forums that do? They are not looking for it, its not the reason they are watching, but if the rest of what makes up the show is good the majority of anime watchers will hand wave it away and keep watching. We wont actually know until its released though.

Actually, I was wrong. The author knows their audience. The people that come to ANN. This was my mistake thinking they were writing towards the entire anime audience and not just the fans of this site. I as an average news browser who doesnt come here that often was not the target audience.
Florete

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:
And Uzamaid's director is working on this? [expletive] great, that's a huge red flag right there. This better be one of those "READ THE MANGA/LIGHT NOVEL!!!" anime where the original source material has none of that horrible stuff.
yurigasaki wrote:
can we PLEASE stop giving things to this director, anime industry. please and thank you.

I could be wrong, but I suspect he had less to do with the lolicon nature of Uzamaid than the premise of "Adult woman becomes maid to lust after 8-year-old girl."

He also directed Love Lab, Sabagebu, Yuru Yuri, Minami-ke, Kotoura-san, Gabriel DropOut, and others.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 am Reply with quote
ReraroteMaruke wrote:
Also who the heck SKIPS the first Arc? Are they out of their mind? I mean I saw Rock Golems in the preview, so late LN 2 content will appear within 6 episodes...

The Sword Oratoria anime did something similar when it spoiler[skipped the entire battle on the 51st floor in volume 1 and pretty much rushed to the climax.]
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:12 am Reply with quote
Oggers wrote:
Yaafm wrote:
Your average anime watcher will watch it.

You do realize most anime watchers aren't into lolicon fanservice, right? Because that's probably going to drive a lot of viewers away once they see it.

It 'may' drive some Western anime viewers away, but I think most Western anime viewers are not so driven. It will be successful or not, on how enjoyable it actually is. That is it's true test. But the truest test is how well it does in Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3