• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Forever Dreaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Varkias

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I just wish we'd get the Dreamcast version of Tech Romancer with the story mode released on modern consoles. Also, Project Justice.
ZenAmako

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I bought a Japanese Dreamcast from a local video game store almost immediately after I saw how great Soul Calibur looked. The two games I had for it initially were Soul Calibur and Power Stone, and I remember being pretty excited about Resident Evil: Code Veronica (which was to be exclusive to the Dreamcast). I was working at a Borders store at the time (I feel like I'm on the only one here who wasn't a kid when it came out), and one night when I was working the overnight shift I brought in my Dreamcast and played it with my coworkers in the break room while we were taking a break.

I remember having the Japanese release of the game D2 (the sequel to "D" on the PlayStation), and an early scene in that game featured a character being violated by a tentacle. O_o As I understand it, that bit was (understandably) censored in the Western release...
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:18 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Firefly251 wrote:
Dreamcast was ahead of its time.

played music cd's.

Unless I'm going senile at 31 Playstation 1 (and presumably the the Sega CD & Saturn) could do this

Yes, the Saturn, Sega CD, and the PS1 could all play audio CDs. So could the NEC PC-FX.

Also, the PS1 had the "PocketStation", which was very similar to the Dreamcast's VMUs, though I don't think the PocketStation was ever released outside of Japan.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:34 am Reply with quote
As someone who only knows about the yakuza game because of hearsay but having not played a single one, I had a lot of fun when I found out that you have summons in this game by using your smartphone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2