• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sakura Wars Game Gets Stage Play in Spring 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:16 am Reply with quote
> The play, titled Shin Sakura Taisen the Stage, will star former Cheeky Parade member Yūna Sekine as Sakura Amamiya.

> Using stage actors, instead of the seiyuus, like the in musicals for the previous games

BOOOOOOOOO Mad
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:54 am Reply with quote
When do stage plays count as news?

Before, I asked and an ANN representative said that any announcement, cast announcement, or visual release is newsworthy, but I've emailed about a lot of them and the only one that got posted was Lord El-Melloi (not even the FGO stage got an article...)

I've also emailed about Yona, Kono Oto Tomare, Arslan, Touken Ranbu (the one article that did get posted about TouSta was inaccurate, btw), Identity V (which I know might not count because the game isn't from Japan), and the four separate Tsukipro stage plays (I know they do too much, but one of them is probably more newsworthy because a seiyuu is singing in it). I know there were at least two others that I sent in tips about, besides the production of West Side Story that at least 3 seiyuu are starring in. This is just off the top of my head... it's late.

I get that you post about Sarazanmai, Blood Blockade Battlefront, and Fate more because they're popular (but not HeroAca or Haikyuu?), but Sakura Wars... wasn't that always a mostly-stage franchise? Wasn't that the biggest mostly-stage franchise before Touken Ranbu and Tsukipro? (that and Prince of Tennis, at least)

I dunno, just wish there were more clarity and less frustration...
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:07 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
> The play, titled Shin Sakura Taisen the Stage, will star former Cheeky Parade member Yūna Sekine as Sakura Amamiya.

> Using stage actors, instead of the seiyuus, like the in musicals for the previous games

BOOOOOOOOO Mad

That took me by surprise too given Sakura War's long-standing tradition of using the seiyuu's for all of the franchises' media.
JennLegacy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
dragonmastr wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:

BOOOOOOOOO Mad

That took me by surprise too given Sakura War's long-standing tradition of using the seiyuu's for all of the franchises' media.

This is actually the second time. The Kanadegumi shows they did had a separate cast from the CDs they were originally advertised with. I thought that was going to be a one time thing cause of how weird and dubiously official Kanadegumi was to begin with, so I’m also pretty surprised.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1