• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime! Anime!: Here's The Most Anticipated Anime for Fall 2019

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:40 am Reply with quote
Chihayafuru 3 is the only new series I know I'll be watching. Will be keeping an eye out for others that may interest me.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:20 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Speak of psycho pass 3, it is set to air on October yet little less than 2 weeks left we have yet to see a full trailer or promo key image. I am in panic mode now ughhh

I was going to say the same. Hell, I think we don't even have info on the staff... this is really strange Sad Actually, same goes for Pet (which I'm eagerly anticipating), which does have a Key visual and info on the staff but no PV yet...
Anyways, aside from my concerns for those 2, I'm actually really happy about this season. I have huge expectations for PP3, Pet, Babylon, No Guns Life, Blade of the inmortal and the second cour of Fairy Gone (which I love to bits despite all the hate it gets everywhere). Add to those six the ongoing (and sublime) Vinland Saga and I think we are in for one of the best seasons of this decade... fingers crossed.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:11 am Reply with quote
Thank goodness for Chihayafuru, or I'd have nothing to watch among this set of shows.

Psycho-Pass 2 was such a disappointment that I don't think I watched more than four episodes. I'll give the third installment a try, but I'm not expecting much.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:20 am Reply with quote
Aikatsu? 7th? That's pretty high in a ranking filled with shounen and late night anime.
Dracospirit121

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:50 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:

Psycho-Pass 2 was such a disappointment that I don't think I watched more than four episodes. I'll give the third installment a try, but I'm not expecting much.

Its such a shame becuse Psycho-Pass S1 was -amazingly- good, but S2 was Confused I did hear for some crazy reason they took the lead writer away from writing S2, to do films and left it in someone elses hands. No idea who doing S3 tho.

Last edited by Dracospirit121 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:52 am Reply with quote
MHA 4 hyyyyype

Also I'm looking forward to SAO in the sense that I can't wait to see how they manage to out-dumb the ending of part 1 of the season. I'd say they couldn't, but the franchise has continually exceeded my expectations in that regard.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:05 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:

Exactly this! The first season was amazing, the sequel was just....bad. I'm holding out hope that 3 will be good but it won't surprise me if it's another flop.

I'm excited about No Guns Life; it's been a while since there's been any old-school Cyperpunk anime made.
Pedram

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm Definitely most hyped for SAO.
The novel for 2nd half of Alicization War of the UnderWorld is one of the most intense and hyped parts I read and I loved it a lot.

But the anime adaptation is usually nowhere near as good as the novels, so I'm not expecting too much so I won't be disappointed.

Alicization first half was okay, but it needed at least another cours (~12 EP) for some stuff to even make good sense... it's clear they had to force a lot of stuff into 24 EP and cut a lot.

it can't be helped tho, it already have 4 cours, and having 5 cours for 1 season of anime is unheard of, at least as far as i know/remember.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Aside from the sequels, I'm excited for the new Gundam Build. Those are always fun.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:10 pm Reply with quote
No interest for Hokago Saikoro Club?

That's a pity! Considering how board games are experiencing a new renaissance, you'd think people would be at least curious about an anime that deals with girls playing real-life board games.
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:19 pm Reply with quote
High Score Girl S2, anyone?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Pedram wrote:
it can't be helped tho, it already have 4 cours, and having 5 cours for 1 season of anime is unheard of, at least as far as i know/remember.

How are you defining cours and season? If I'm not mistaken, Monster ran for 74 episodes straight through from 4/04 to 9/05, which is like 6 cours? Ace of Diamond's first season had 75 episodes running from 10/13 to the end of 3/15, and a second season of 51 episodes from 4/15 to 3/16. And those aren't even long running shounen titles like One Piece or Naruto.

If you define a cour as 3 months or 12 episodes, then sure, there's a limit to the number of episodes you can put in there. How long is a season? Smile
Pedram

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:54 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Pedram wrote:

How are you defining cours and season? If I'm not mistaken, Monster ran for 74 episodes straight through from 4/04 to 9/05, which is like 6 cours? Ace of Diamond's first season had 75 episodes running from 10/13 to the end of 3/15, and a second season of 51 episodes from 4/15 to 3/16. And those aren't even long running shounen titles like One Piece or Naruto.

If you define a cour as 3 months or 12 episodes, then sure, there's a limit to the number of episodes you can put in there. How long is a season? Smile

Well the usual for most anime is either 1 cours = 3 months or 2 cours = 6 months.
Each cours = 12~13 EP or so.

Ofcourse, there can be exceptions, but that's the usual for seasonal anime.
4 cours for a seasonal anime is already a lot.

I personally didn't see any airing anime with over 4 cours, if i see some, I probably watch them way after they aired and did not wait weekly for them to watch them. so I didn't notice their release dates.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:41 pm Reply with quote
There will be plenty of other series that I plan on checking out in Fall, but the ones that I will be anticipating the most are Kemonomichi, The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious, Blade of the Immortal, Val x Love, and No Guns Life.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Pedram wrote:
Alicization first half was okay, but it needed at least another cours (~12 EP) for some stuff to even make good sense... it's clear they had to force a lot of stuff into 24 EP and cut a lot.

Beyond eliminating the visit to the town in the first novel of the arc, they didn't cut that much. Most of the rest of what they did cut was mostly dialog that would have bogged down an animated version and/or introspection that would have been difficult to do in animated form. If they had actually animated all that was skipped, it might have amounted to 2-3 additional episodes max, and half of that would have been for the town visit in the first novel.

Top Gun wrote:
Also I'm looking forward to SAO in the sense that I can't wait to see how they manage to out-dumb the ending of part 1 of the season. I'd say they couldn't, but the franchise has continually exceeded my expectations in that regard.

I'm curious about what you think was so dumb about the end of Part 1, especially since that scene is going to have a huge impact on Part 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3