• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namiru Matsumoto's My Girlfriend is Shobitch Manga Ends

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:15 am Reply with quote
so, confession: i've never actually read shobitch but every time I hear about it I'm blown away all over again by how badly and weirdly translated the title is. like, is it one of those cases where the original author had insisted on it? wild.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:48 am Reply with quote
What would even be a good translation of the title? Is there a nice sounding way of translating "My Girlfriend is Very Seriously a Virgin Slut"?
I_Drive_DSM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 am Reply with quote
I feel the title is more of a pull; if you see a title like that how can you not be pulled towards the series? You expect something crazy when in reality the series is relatively tame.

I was quite a bit disappointed in the anime, not because the title didn't live up to it's name but rather the gags didn't translate well to being animated and the animation quality on the simulcast was really questionable even more so than most simulcasts tend to be nowadays. Akiho's character was developed well but some of the other characters seemed like they were just... there.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:19 am Reply with quote
i was surprised by the anime myself...i went in expecting another typical harem anime(which i love)but it had some heart. the final episode and not the ova explained the moral to the story, dont judge a book by its cover!
Given the title, i think it fits Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1