• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fruits Basket Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2020

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Good, I enjoyed the 1st season. I am not even surprised.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Outstanding, I absolutely loved the 1st season. Almost every episode touched my heart. I will be looking forward to season 2
Robiii

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:31 pm Reply with quote
That surprises noone.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I’m glad it’s confirmed but I wish they could have said when in 2020 it was coming out.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it's certainly nice to hear confirmation, but it's not really anything we didn't already expect, is it? Didn't they announce, even prior to the airing of the 1st season, that they were going to animate the entire story this time, or am I mistaken?

@Cardcaptor Takato
I'm with you there, it would be nice to know when it's coming out!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I think the more interesting news is the casting info. I’m hyped Aaron Dismuke and Caitlin Glass will be joining the dub.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:39 pm Reply with quote
wonderful they found another role for Aaron. Good to have him back
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I think the more interesting news is the casting info. I’m hyped Aaron Dismuke and Caitlin Glass will be joining the dub.

Well Caitlin was already directing it, I thought it was a matter of time before she showed up somewhere.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, duh! Of course there was going to be a second season. This reboot is suppose to tell the full story of Fruits Basket, and we've barely reach where the 2001 adaptation ending.

I'm sad I have to wait a minimum 3+ months before I get to see the part of Fruits Basket not adapted, but I'm willing to wait.
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:42 pm Reply with quote
amen. but we knew this already. idk why some people are surprised. happy yes but surprised? we were getting the full manga adaption
catandmouse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:49 pm Reply with quote
They're giving Machi black hair? I always thought she'd have lighter hair since her hair was not colored in in the manga, like Rin's or Manabe's.
Then again i'm still getting used to Motoko's black hair. I don't remember it being so darkly colored in in the manga either, even thought Takaya did come out and say that was the color she originally designated to Motoko.
Maybe it's the same for Machi.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:03 pm Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:
Yes, it's certainly nice to hear confirmation, but it's not really anything we didn't already expect, is it? Didn't they announce, even prior to the airing of the 1st season, that they were going to animate the entire story this time, or am I mistaken?

Indeed, a full adaptation was announced months ago, but apparently some people like being surprised. When a theoretical third season gets announced people will again choose to be surprised.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:15 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
AkumaChef wrote:

Indeed, a full adaptation was announced months ago, but apparently some people like being surprised. When a theoretical third season gets announced people will again choose to be surprised.

I mean, it's possible if they also decide to animate Another. Short with 3 volumes, but maybe it'll be tacked onto S2. It would be surprising though, to be honest.

(But yeah, they did tell us from the start that this show would animate the whole thing... Another is another story, though)
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:53 pm Reply with quote
ShanaChanTT wrote:
amen. but we knew this already. idk why some people are surprised. happy yes but surprised? we were getting the full manga adaption

What is said and what happens do not always match up. After 13 years we were supposed to get all of the remaining Full Metal Panic novels adapted to anime, and when Invisible Victory came out it ended up being LY only a half-assed, partial adaptation.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
ShanaChanTT wrote:

What is said and what happens do not always match up. After 13 years we were supposed to get all of the remaining Full Metal Panic novels adapted to anime, and when Invisible Victory came out it ended up being LY only a half-assed, partial adaptation.

Haha, I was going to mention the same thing! Happy FB is getting another season, and that they have confirmed this at the end of the current one.

Unlike FMP. I remember being really happy when they were saying that they were going to adapt FMP. Sadly, nothing has been said about more anime coming after IV ended in July 2018. Been over a year and no news has popped up.

I was planning on getting IV on disc, but I'm not going to do so at this point. My FMP collection will remain with Second Raid as being the "ending".

So, taking that experience into consideration, I don't see an issue with people being surprised. But, I think it's more "they officially announced it!", rather than "oh, they're making a 2nd season".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2