• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - The Top 5 3DCG Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:40 am Reply with quote
Not complaining, really just advice, but maybe spread out the number 1 being the newest thing on the market instead of doing it two weeks in a row before people start to think ANN has some sort of agenda. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheCanipaEffect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:12 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Not complaining, really just advice, but maybe spread out the number 1 being the newest thing on the market instead of doing it two weeks in a row before people start to think ANN has some sort of agenda. Wink

Emerje

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I don't really think it's a problem though. Trigger and 3DCG have the same thing in common where they both get better with time.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:07 am Reply with quote
I haven't had a chance to see any of the titles on this list yet, so as it stands my favorite 3DCG anime is still the first season of Mobile Suit Gundam MS Igloo. "The Howl that Dyed the Setting Sun" is one of my all-time favorite episodes from the Gundam franchise.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:30 am Reply with quote
Nom De Plume De Fanboy wrote:

Loved Season 1 of Land of the Lustrous. The animation took some getting used to, but I like it now. An aside; as for season 2, I read a couple of volumes ahead into the manga, and now I'm not so sure that a season 2 will be nearly as much fun. It could still be very dramatically satisfying for most people. I hope it turns out ok.

Yeah, I'm caught up with the manga, and I'd say we would likely end up with another season that end semi-open/cliffhanger again. It's the nature of the series that it's full of places where it can break between seasons. It's definitely my favorite of the 3DCG anime!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:35 am Reply with quote
I really like rakuen tsuiho, but comparing it to king's soemthing is like they have completely different goals.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:20 am Reply with quote
DavetheUsher wrote:
Takkun4343 wrote:
Am I the only one who feels the videos at the top of the list are kind of unnecessary? Unless there's a good reason for them, I just don't see the point.

I liked this column better when it had pictures for each entry, user polls at the end, and Saturday release dates.

Seems obvious to me. Times are changing. Or more accurately they've already changed. Most people get their news and views from anime YouTubers these days and not websites. Nobody really reads websites or articles much anymore and this is basically a way to try to compete with YouTubers. You either learn to adapt or get left behind.

Not really, considering the internet's pivot to video was based on falsified data that Facebook published about how popular videos were on their site. This entire phenomenon is an artificially constructed trend based on actual lies.
Color2413

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:42 pm Reply with quote
The Chinese are doing some interesting things under the radar of most Western anime fans. Xing Chen Bia (Stellar Transformations) is full, minutely detailed 3D with fluid camera moves, and Mo Dao Zu Shi [Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation] uses a huge amount of CGI to make gorgeous scenery and backgrounds. While there is still room for improvement in Xing Chen Bia's character animation, when the Chinese finally get this right they have the potential to pose very serious competition to the Japanese industry, particularly if they can create scripts that are up to the level of the visuals.
Unknow0059

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:59 am Reply with quote
I'm of the belief that 3D anime (like that Dragon Quest one, or Kingsglaive) is not anime.

Houseki no Kuni is fantastic. I think that should've been the first on the list. It definitely is in mine.

The near-perfect emulation of 2D with the advantages of 3D is the way forward for 3D anime. Choosing this generic 3D style means choosing to regress.
Unknow0059

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:19 am Reply with quote
Color2413 wrote:
The Chinese are doing some interesting things under the radar of most Western anime fans. Xing Chen Bia (Stellar Transformations) is full, minutely detailed 3D with fluid camera moves, and Mo Dao Zu Shi [Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation] uses a huge amount of CGI to make gorgeous scenery and backgrounds. While there is still room for improvement in Xing Chen Bia's character animation, when the Chinese finally get this right they have the potential to pose very serious competition to the Japanese industry, particularly if they can create scripts that are up to the level of the visuals.

Mo Dao Zu Shi [Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation has quite the fans. Lots of high ratings. I might check it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2