• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ORESUKI Are you the one who loves me? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Oh, that was an end? It did say that it was not the end of the story, but I guess the end of the season. Joro has realized that he like Pansy, and rather than simply confessing to Pansy and let her decide which person between him and Hose that she likes (because she is a person), he decides a ridiculous game of having the girls decide who gets to be with Pansy. He thinks that he has rigged the game with the rules, but then it is revealed that indeed Joro is a harem protagonist, and half the girls, his friends, gave them all to the other guy, saying that it will give them a shot, and then it ends while looking like he is doomed. Seems pretty obvious that Hose's harem girls will end up giving theirs to Joro for the same reason, and it will be a tie or something.

It all seems kind of pointless why making it a game should be necessary, and why Joro had to go on a weird tangent about woman's privilege in getting to mess with him. I would probably like this show a bit more if it kept more of a footing that humans should be allowed to make decisions for themselves, and not try and manipulate things, including bringing other people into what should be a personal affair. There was also things like Joro working to be able to repay Pansy for her book, after Pansy told him explicitly not to do so, it just felt like it was more about him and his ego instead of something for Pansy. Don't even know if Joro learned his lesson in the end when Himawari used her own money to buy the book for him, something about sometimes it is better for someone else to see you look after yourself instead sacrifice.

The show had some nice humour, and I liked some of its meta things. Particular jokes I liked early on were when Himawari and Cosmos were going along with his plan to get closer to Sun, but the screwed up quickly and sadly looking at Joro. To give an explanation, I think a reason I found it funny was that responsibility should rely on them and not him, it being their own fault felt like the right course. Also, Imperial March bench, and keep coming back to the same event.

I feel like there is probably a lot I could talk about, but I am feeling rather tired, and apparently there being an OVA to continue means that I could probably continue then. So I give a rating of Good (7/10). Sure it has a not like other harem anime thing going for it, and is generally not horrible, but I just don't think everything lands quite right, and kind of feels like it is missing this earnest charm that I can feel attached to other such anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2