• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gen Urobuchi Writes Robotic Mecha 3D CG Anime 'OBSOLETE'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 am Reply with quote
steelmirror wrote:
While all that is true, it's also dead easy to synthesize if you have the kind of technology it would take to build combat mecha and cross interstellar distances, since fundamentally it's no more complex a molecule than something like baking soda or really simple alloys.

Not necessarily. If you're simply talking about calcium carbonate then yeah, that's a simple molecule that such a civilization could easily make. But, if there's something more to it than that and it's not just the chemical "calcium carbonate" which the aliens care about then things get more tricky. It's entirely possible that the value stems from some sort of metaphysical hocus-pocus, like the limestone contains the spiritual energy of all of the living things which died millions of years ago during its formation, or maybe something to do with the fossils it often contains, etc. Given it's Urobuchi doing the writing I'm sure there will be more to it than simple CaCO3.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:08 am Reply with quote
This be my sort of Jam. I'm glad somebody trying put out hardcore mecha shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2