• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2019 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HandofBobb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:16 pm Reply with quote
aaa1e2r3 wrote:
Since there isn't a discussion thread for the seasonal reviews vote...

Not only was there no discussion thread, apparently there's no announcement of the results either, they've just started dropping new reviews onto the Streaming Reviews page, I guess we'll find out what's getting them as they show up...
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:23 pm Reply with quote
HandofBobb wrote:
aaa1e2r3 wrote:
Since there isn't a discussion thread for the seasonal reviews vote...

Not only was there no discussion thread, apparently there's no announcement of the results either, they've just started dropping new reviews onto the Streaming Reviews page, I guess we'll find out what's getting them as they show up...

They announced the results last week.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it never showed up in the sidebar, so you had to look at the front page to find the announcement and the link to the discussion (or notice that it had a Talkback thread).

For future reference, you can click the New Anime dropdown menu above and find the current list (as well as the Your Score ratings page), though once the season gets rolling, the sidebar on the Reviews page will also have the list (unless a reviewer gets too far behind, then that series might drop off the list for a bit).

This season had kind of a wonky start, review-wise. Several of the initial Daily reviews didn't have proper links to the forum, so anyone replying started a new thread that didn't refer back to the review. It looks like they fixed that by reloading and re-titling those reviews (and I guess they tried to gather up all the individual threads), but there are a surprising number that have yet to garner a single comment (likewise for some other articles I would've expected to generate some discussion), so I'm not sure what's going on. (I've been holding off because I don't want to start a half dozen new threads - I post too much as it is. Very Happy)
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:51 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
This season had kind of a wonky start, review-wise. Several of the initial Daily reviews didn't have proper links to the forum, so anyone replying started a new thread that didn't refer back to the review. It looks like they fixed that by reloading and re-titling those reviews (and I guess they tried to gather up all the individual threads), but there are a surprising number that have yet to garner a single comment (likewise for some other articles I would've expected to generate some discussion), so I'm not sure what's going on. (I've been holding off because I don't want to start a half dozen new threads - I post too much as it is. Very Happy)

I believe the problem is fixed at this point. I am keeping an eye out for stray threads just in case.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HandofBobb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:00 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:

I stand corrected, but as Gina mentioned, it didn't show up in the sidebar, and I also didn't see it among the various dropdown news/views/article tabs...

It also seemed to take longer to get organized this season, some of these shows were on Ep 4 (5 for LOGH) before reviews went up...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 17 of 17