• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Reminder of Thread Age Missing

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Used to be annoyed by reminder "If you post on this thread remember it is XXmonths YY days since the last post" or words to that effect when pushing the "post a reply" radio button, though the date is from thread creation and not really last post. I was concerned that this was a warning about rules infraction against "necroposting" (there are places where it is allowed??) but for long running series like MHA it was non-sequitur. However I just discovered when I viewed the Talkback thread for Celestial Method which I just viewed for the first time (but 2014 legit last post) that the reminder didn't come up and I tried to post and was able without getting the message (I aborted posting actually). I tried the talkback thread for the 2014 Fall Preview article and again, no reminder. Just thought someone should know as it might be a bug or oversight from recent revisions. Since a poster in the aforementioned thread actually mentioned revisiting the series in 5 years and wondering if they would still like it, I almost want to post a reply since it has been 5 years since that I think it's still great! (Pointless I know...)
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:14 pm Reply with quote
That reminder only shows up when you follow the talkback link from the article in question. I just tried it following the talkback link from a 3-year old interview, and the message was there at the top of the screen.

I think this is the way it always behaved ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1