• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Police Arrest Man for Modifying, Then Selling PS3s

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikura

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:39 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
hikura wrote:
But you can not run a business on other people's IP's in any shape or form.Yes i know there are other companies and people who do it but in most cases they have,are or will get into trouble for doing it.

The Walt Disney Company says hi.

Like i said most people/companies can not do that sort of thing.I'm sure that walt disney is bigger than most any other company.In the world. i bet there was some sort of deal in which walt disney paid for their ripping off the company who did the white lion.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:07 am Reply with quote
hikura wrote:

Like i said most people/companies can not do that sort of thing.I'm sure that walt disney is bigger than most any other company.In the world. i bet there was some sort of deal in which walt disney paid for their ripping off the company who did the white lion.

Nearly all of the big-name Disney movies are stories from someone else. It's not just Lion King.
Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc, are based on Grimm's fairy tales
The Little Mermaid is from Hans Christian Andersen; Frozen is ripped off of his "The Snow Queen" as well.
101 Dalmatians, and several movies pertaining to Winnie the Pooh are based on children's books.
Sword in the Stone, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and The Jungle Book are all based on novels of the same name.
Aladdin is from the 1001 Nights; Hercules is from Greco-Roman mythology.
Mulan and Moana are both based on legends from China and Polynesia respectively.
Beauty and the Beast is an old French story by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont (who was uncredited)
....and so on. Disney has some original productions, but the majority of their films are just re-tellings of existing stories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2