• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: In/Spectre Anime's 2nd Promo Video Unveils More Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Saw the first two episodes at Crunchyroll Expo and liked this a lot more than I thought I would. The bits of comedy are subtle (characters don't point out gags), chemistry with the two main leads was good, and the plot is interesting enough. But my favorite aspect of the series had to be the atmosphere. It's all gloomy but alive, especially in the forest areas. And things just happen without the series stopping to explain it to us. One moment we'll be in an apartment and the very next well be in a forest where a character is being carried by small creatures. No explanation is given about the creatures because theyre totally normal for the character, so we're just supposed to accept them as normal too.

Definitely looking forward to this, and I'm hoping it doesnt drop the ball after those first two episodes.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Must have missed the initial announcements for the anime. Looking forward to this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1