• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - The End of the World As We Know It

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:26 pm Reply with quote
That end of the world video for FFXIV was very well done, managed to make my eyes water a bit even though I never even played it Laughing

While playing an MMO up until it's last day can be sad, it's great when they can give it a amazing send off. I played a beta that ended with fire creatures raining from the sky amongst other things, it was great =)

The Analogue Pocket looks great, but while I appreciate the significance of the design aping the original gameboy, I think there were more comfortable and convenient designs they could have gone for. Should be interesting to see how it reviews in terms of comfort.
One other issue though is price. The screen seems a bit over the top, so maybe they'll release a slightly cheaper option in the future with a less than amazing, but still far better than the gb/gbc/gba screen?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2