• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Temper Your Expectations

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
Now if Capcom wants to back a new Up,give my a new Godhand or Viewtiful Joe. Hell, I'll take a HD remaster of Viewtiful Joe 1 at this point.

FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Sad to hear about the Mangagamer thing. As someone who may or may not have bought one of their titles, hearing about the person who worked on Kuroinu in the hopes that it would lead to a job with other games she had hoped for was fairly harrowing. I really do wish those translators got a better deal. It's hard to root for a company bringing over games in the legit way when the downside is that translators get paid pennies per word.

As for the Capcom IP: Breath of Fire. Tough to say who I'd trust it to (not many people making decent JRPGs outside of the people who do them best in Japan--see the Trails of Cold Steel folks). Just make the cast a bunch of anime furries and I'm sold.
omegafinal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:07 am Reply with quote
Whoa, Chariot and Midnight Wanderers. Would be nice to see those two and the third game of the pack (a puzzle game, I think) get a modern port or emulation.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 am Reply with quote
VN companies pay horribly. I worked QA at MangaGamer for 4 years, and the most I was ever paid for a game was $50 and a free copy. That was for a beta test which lasted 2 months. Shorter projects paid even less.
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 am Reply with quote
P5S being a legit sequel does peak my interest, but I've never cared for musou games. So I'll wait on reviews and a discount.

Didn't care for the fighter or 1st person dungeon crawling so I never bothered with the arena or Q games. Same for the dancing ones.

But if this was more like an easier Devil May Cry, then I'd be in. It'd be cool if some stuff from your P5 save carried over like your Personas or your Confidante relations or which girl you dated, but that's doubtful.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:36 am Reply with quote
DavetheUsher wrote:
Breath of Fire sequel please, Capcom. Laughing A new Breath of Fire in the style of Dragon Quest 11.... a man can dream.

Capcom's likely not in any rush to make a new Breath of Fire, especially when one already happened back in 2016.
Unknow0059

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:22 am Reply with quote
Super excited about Okami 2.

It's also great to see Nakamura's in good hands at Platinum.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2