• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - The Top Five Rumiko Takahashi Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:35 pm Reply with quote
catbot158 wrote:
Some people have been recommending One Pound Gospel. Is it that good? I've never even heard of it.

It was directed by Osamu Dezaki under a different name. I reviewed it for Animerica over 20 years ago. Nice little rom-com, with my only major complaint being that it has the anime-ism of having a Catholic nun hearing Confession.
Varkias

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:39 pm Reply with quote
It makes me so sad that I was laid off shortly before the last box set of the Maison Ikkoku anime came out, and couldn't afford it at the time. And then when I did have money, it was the only set that was prohibitively (insanely) expensive to get. Crying or Very sad
NisaRF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:13 pm Reply with quote
So many misinformation in this article...was anyone who wrote this article really did read/watched the series mentioned here? Questionable article.
zrdb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Varkias wrote:
It makes me so sad that I was laid off shortly before the last box set of the Maison Ikkoku anime came out, and couldn't afford it at the time. And then when I did have money, it was the only set that was prohibitively (insanely) expensive to get. Crying or Very sad

I never found that damn set 8 of MI-I have the first 7 sets but that last one will forever elude me. Oh well-there were other sources.
Southkaio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:49 am Reply with quote
I think one of the only countries where Inuyasha didn't catch on was Hungary. It has been rumored that both the entire original series and The Final Act were dubbed in Hungarian, complete with the movies. For some reason, some Hungarian-dubbed episodes were lost for years, but Noro Annuš, a Hungarian YouTuber, somehow managed to rescue them. How about that?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:50 am Reply with quote
Maison Ikkoku has a beginning, middle, and an end, with the characters growing older with the seasons
marek1712

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Like for many, Inuyasha was my first Takahashi anime. Still love it - but got annoyed how quickly Final Act ended.
After seeing all the recommendations, I watched Urusei Yatsura not so long ago. Boy, what a chore it was... Rarely happens that I have to force myself to watch something - while I like these 80s comedic anime with no plot, UY was WAAAAY to random for my taste. I'll agree on UY movies - these were OK.
Immediately afterwards went for Maison Ikkoku. I can safely say that it quickly became one of my favorite series: characters are likeable (especially Akemi Takada's designs), pace is ideal and you can't wait to see more of it. I'll definitely re-watch it in the future.
Haven't seen Ranma yet - I fear it may be very similar to UY.
Rinne? I've seen one episode, looked OK - but nothing more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3