• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Medical Professor Discusses Plausibility of Detective Conan's De-Aging Drug

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spark67

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:28 pm Reply with quote
So, the smartest one in Detective Conan is Haibara.
Sandstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Spoilers: it's 100% impossible for your body to shrink so much, you're 1/3rd as tall as you were.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Sandstar wrote:
Spoilers: it's 100% impossible for your body to shrink so much, you're 1/3rd as tall as you were.

But, in anime, the representation of height is not the actual height. It is the same with eye size: Like scenes when a young character is killed and its eye falls off the pupil looks much smaller than the pupil when the eye was in the face. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:21 pm Reply with quote
If we're going to talk realism, at this point Conan should be double his original age as a teenager. Very Happy
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
Like scenes when a young character is killed and its eye falls off the pupil looks much smaller than the pupil when the eye was in the face. Wink

Wait, what? Laughing

Anyway, appearance is no indicator of age in anime. I'm surprised anyone thought Shinichi was a child. We've got high school girls (and the occasional boy like Ouran's Honey) and centuries-old vampires who all look and sound like 8 year olds, and 10 year old boys who look like fully grown adults. There's just no telling unless you ask. /s
Kurohei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I think the bigger question is how no one notices not only does Kogoro lips not move, but his voice comes from his backside.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:48 am Reply with quote
so it's possible for everyone to be loli?!
Banjo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:39 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
I think the bigger question is how no one notices not only does Kogoro lips not move, but his voice comes from his backside.

the solution is simple, they think he speaks from his back. Laughing

why conan doesn't inform the police about Gin's car, he knows its plate number.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:

He wants to properly investigate, like find out who are the most important members and who is the boss, before he lures them into some kind of trap with the police.
The organisation is incredibly careful, there could easily be spies or data leaks within the police and even if there are none, just by chasing down the car, Gin could most likely escape and the organisation would just quietly kill all people involved making it look like accidents.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Jose Cruz wrote:
Like scenes when a young character is killed and its eye falls off the pupil looks much smaller than the pupil when the eye was in the face. Wink

Wait, what? Laughing

It is from a scene in Demon Slayer episode 10. There are other examples, like when people wear contacts and they look much smaller when they remove the contacts than the eye pupil they supposedly cover (from Haruhi Suzumiya).

Quote:
Anyway, appearance is no indicator of age in anime. I'm surprised anyone thought Shinichi was a child. We've got high school girls (and the occasional boy like Ouran's Honey) and centuries-old vampires who all look and sound like 8 year olds, and 10 year old boys who look like fully grown adults. There's just no telling unless you ask. /s

You can have some extreme cases but generally, you can figure out the approximate age of the characters if they are human.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Serinox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:43 am Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:

License plate numbers in Detective Conan are anime only, in the manga, no car has a visible license plate number.

But even if he had it, it probably won't matter like the fact that Conan, the FBI and the CIA have the contact adress of the BO boss: the BO is too careful to gain anything from tracking that, and going through official channels like the police would only alert the BO that someone is after them over that route.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1