• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass 3 Anime Reveals Promo Video, October 24 Debut, 8-Episode Length, Visual, Theme Son

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 am Reply with quote
So is Gen Urobuchi returning as writer or is it someone new like season 2. On that note, any idea if this carries on from season 2? The overwhelmingly negative reviews have kept me away from it. I wonder why Funimation did not get it, they've licensed all the previews entries.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:41 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So is Gen Urobuchi returning as writer or is it someone new like season 2. On that note, any idea if this carries on from season 2? The overwhelmingly negative reviews have kept me away from it. I wonder why Funimation did not get it, they've licensed all the previews entries.

They might still get the home video rights later down the line, and this would be more a carry-on from the film trilogy that still has yet to be released here.

Curious to know what happened to Akane (amongst other missing characters), unless Mika managed to wrest complete control from her.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:42 am Reply with quote
Funi didn't get this? Well that is supremely disappointing.

MarshalBanana wrote:

Might be because Season 2 did so poorly that they didn't want to chance it, though I thought the movie did alright.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:47 am Reply with quote
About time! I was honestly starting to get worried at the lack of info we had just a few days before Fall season starts. Also, pretty neat that it has 8 1 hour-long episodes.. that's pretty much a full 2 cour series then content-wise. Now all I need is a confirmation date/PV for Pet and my happiness will be complete...
sailorstarsun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:52 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
my happiness will be complete...

And you'll need that, because happiness is mandatory!
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:02 am Reply with quote
I'm just happy the series is back!! Anime cry

But I need to know if Akane and Kogami will return this season.
Crabtree1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 am Reply with quote
The Psycho pass creators seem to have an abnormal fascination with Takahiro Sakurai's voice, this is the third character he will voice in the franchise now.
Millhi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:31 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

It's Tow Ubaka again so I dont have actually much hope after what was s2.
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:31 am Reply with quote
Are they going to reveal the plot basis any time soon?
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:36 am Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Yes, that's my understanding too.

I'm happy to see that they listed it for "1 hour episodes"; that ought to imply that they can get into a bit more complex of a story than with the usual 20-minute ones for most TV anime. But, without Urobuchi onboard for the script I do not have high hopes....
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:55 am Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Well, I for one will be more than happy if Ubaka is handling the series again. I actually loved S2 (sure, it wasn't as good as S1 but it still was a million times better than a lot of people make it out to be) and I'm a huge fan of Ubaka's work (specially Le Chevalier d'Eon, which will always be one of my favorite series -anime or otherwise- ever)
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:05 am Reply with quote
This is honestly bad news for disc collectors and fans of the English dub because there is no guarantee that Funimation will be able to license season 3 for home video. I was curious about this new season even after the disappointing second season, but this is my cue to drop Prime and stop consuming their anime offerings.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:09 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:

Well, I for one will be more than happy if Ubaka is handling the series again. I actually loved S2 (sure, it wasn't as good as S1 but it still was a million times better than a lot of people make it out to be) and I'm a huge fan of Ubaka's work (specially Le Chevalier d'Eon, which will always be one of my favorite series -anime or otherwise- ever)

While I disliked season 02, I think it had some good ideas; also, I know that ubukata's live was in turmoil back then so I am still willing to give it a chacne even if ubukata is still onboard.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:15 am Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:

This wasn't mentioned in the article, where did you read this?
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:12 am Reply with quote
I assume it's probably best to see those SS movies first...which we haven't gotten yet. And it doesn't look like we will before the premiere, I guess...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3