• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rui Tsukiyo's Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi 'Revenge Fantasy' Story Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:21 pm Reply with quote
On the one hand I have sincerely no desire to watch this series whatsoever as it practically becomes a parody of edgelord stories for how much edge it lords.

On the other hand I am going to salivate the utter chaos that this will generate.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:27 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
DavetheUsher wrote:
I remember when Shield Hero debuted and people, including industry people, were begging CR to stop streaming it and promoting it and how disappointed they were in CR for apparently help fund it. And considering how tame Shield Hero was despite all the controversy, if this anime is even a fraction as bad as people are saying it is, this is going to be an even bigger stink.

Didn't it end up as their top streaming new series in a significant number of areas though? I don't know if they'll care when it makes them money.

By a mile. The controversy caused its fans to stump thrice as hard for it while causing people unaware of said controversy to see what all the noise was about. And now it has two more seasons. It was at the point people alleged Crunchyroll made High Guardian Spice as an ashcan series to prop up Shield Hero and similar shows.

Even if a show is edgelord for the sake of being edgelord, a fandom will not ever tolerate people trying to ban a show on a pretense of morality. Especially these days. The phrase “this is offensive” has people ready to drag the protestors back to Tumblr kicking and screaming.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:13 am Reply with quote
For those that don't know the LN this are the tags that apear on a account about the novel

spoiler[

Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi

Abusive Characters - Adapted to Anime - Adapted to Manga - Aggressive Characters - Antihero - Beastkin - Betrayal - Cross-dressing - Cruel Characters - Cunning Protagonist - Cute Protagonist - Dark - Death of Loved Ones - Demi-Humans - Demons - Depictions of Discrimination - Drugs - Enemies Become Lovers - Evil Protagonist - Fantasy World - First-time Intercourse - Game Elements - Gang R*pe - Harem-seeking Protagonist - Hated Protagonist - Healers - Hero - Hidden Abilities - Hiding True Abilities - Hiding True Identity - Human-Nonhuman Relationship - Hypnotism - Intercourse - Kingdoms - Knights - Loli - Loyal Magic Beasts - Male Protagonist - Master-Servant Relationship - Mind Break - Mind Control - Nobles - Perverted Protagonist - Possessive Characters - Proactive Protagonist - Psychic Powers - Psychopaths - R*pe - R*pe Victim Becomes Lover - Revenge - Reverse R*pe - Royalty - Ruthless Protagonist - S*x Slaves - Shōsetsuka ni Narō - Slave - Slave Harem - Special Abilities - Stockholm Syndrome - Strategic Battles - Strong Love Interests - Threesome - Time Manipulation - Tragic Past - Transformation Ability - Transplanted Memories - Twisted Personality - Underestimated Protagonist - Virgin - Weak to Strong - Web Novel - Yandere - Yaoi - Younger Love Interest]

You have been warned!!! Twisted Evil
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:34 am Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
For those that don't know the LN this are the tags that apear on a account about the novel
Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi

Now you made me wish that ann reviews this show once it starts airing.It migth get more fun reviews that that nauseating anime with the kid couples or that chaos dragon.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:41 am Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
which is why the the anime will be inspired by the light novels since are going to have to make huge changes to the story so that it can be shown on broadcast TV.
The LN has appreciable differences from the WN in terms of 18+ material?
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:51 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
The LN has appreciable differences from the WN in terms of 18+ material?

I din't read the LN but for what is said on novel sites the LN have more 18+ material because the site were the WN is published have more restrictions on 18+ materials.

So the Light Novel is more hardcore than the web novel
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:35 pm Reply with quote
DavetheUsher wrote:
I remember when Shield Hero debuted and people, including industry people, were begging CR to stop streaming it and promoting it and how disappointed they were in CR for apparently help fund it. And considering how tame Shield Hero was despite all the controversy, if this anime is even a fraction as bad as people are saying it is, this is going to be an even bigger stink.

Redo of Healer will likely be the big controversy of next year in the western anime market since even people that say that they believe in free speech will often back down when the show is ecchi. I doubt that the Redo anime adaptation will be that bad since it is only inspired by the light novels but I suspect the complaints will still be about events that happen in the light novels since that is usually how it goes.

maximilianjenus wrote:
It migth get more fun reviews that that nauseating anime with the kid couples or that chaos dragon.

Chaos Dragon was a stupid show but it didn't allow things like common sense and logic to restrict the story so it was rather fun. Random stuff happened all the time in that show and the ending of the show was somewhat amusing in how absurd it was.

Jonny Mendes wrote:
I din't read the LN but for what is said on novel sites the LN have more 18+ material because the site were the WN is published have more restrictions on 18+ materials.

So the Light Novel is more hardcore than the web novel

That is an interesting change and I have heard of many web novels that were toned down for the light novel but this is the first time I have heard of a web novel that added mature content to the light novel.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Now you made me wish that ann reviews this show once it starts airing.It migth get more fun reviews that that nauseating anime with the kid couples or that chaos dragon.

I would expect someone to do it because I think users will vote for it on the poll and it will generate traffic for the site. I guess someone at ANN could veto it, but ANN has reviewed plenty of series that massively triggered a certain group of people so I don't think there is really any track record at all for ANN ignoring a series some of the staff found to be highly offensive. Unless it isn't licensed, but I just can't see that after Shield Hero did so well on streaming.
Sukottosan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Man Can't wait to watch this anime
Commander Cluck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:55 am Reply with quote
I can't imagine the anime is going to be as graphic as the novels are. If it is, then we're going to get another show that's nothing but black screens and beams of light making it nigh-unwatchable until the uncensored version comes out. So instead I'm expecting a much more toned down version with only shadows and off-screen visuals.

Beatdigga wrote:
Even if a show is edgelord for the sake of being edgelord, a fandom will not ever tolerate people trying to ban a show on a pretense of morality. Especially these days. The phrase “this is offensive” has people ready to drag the protestors back to Tumblr kicking and screaming.

Tumblr is dead. Has been ever since the new management killed it with the new rules. All those types moved over to Twitter. Now it's all about Twitter outrage mobs.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:37 am Reply with quote
Neat. Probs end up mid af and passively entertaining yet forgettable just like nearly other show like it and not at all worth the hubbub. I’d rather spend that time watching the entirety of space dandy for a 20th time. Or king of the hill. I’m not making the normie meme about it being an anime. It’s just a really darn good show.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
Well now some people are going to find out that Shield Hero was a mild revenge story. I am somewhat surprised that they are even trying to make an anime out of this light novel series. They did mention that the anime adaptation will be inspired by the light novels which is likely the only way that you could turn this into a broadcast TV show.

"Inspired" well thats a fancy way of saying "we are going to reimagine this whole series to make it safe for censors by butchering it".
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I started reading the manga... bruh.... oh boy, I can't wait for this. If people had problems with Shield Hero and Goblin Slayer oooooooh man, the meltdown is gonna be hilarious
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4