• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Strive for Greatness

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:04 pm Reply with quote
i would not be so sure.

its likely possible that CPU will be the only version that gets resurrection. i mean for SF fams know too well, Gill isnt Gill without it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:12 pm Reply with quote
-Guilty Gear: -Compares it and Street Fighter V- Man, ASW are just eating everyone's lunch when it comes to the Unreal Engine, aren't they?

-Xbox: Definitely interesting how much they're pushing more Japanese titles (seriously, how big WAS the dump truck full of money they drove up to Sega?) but the one that intrigues me the most is FFXIV. If they manage to work out that BS quagmire regarding crossplay maybe it could finally come to the Switch (I know Yoshida very much wants the game on there).
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:56 pm Reply with quote
- Sonic 3: the development of this game always fascinated me, I read a lot of articles about it, it seems that since the beginning Sonic games always had very difficult production cycles. Sonic 3 is one of, if not my favourite Sonic game, but I could never beat the Knucles portion of the game. I would be cool if SEGA could allow the Mania team to remake the game and incorporate all the elements of the prototype, fix all the bugs, but it seems that the legal status of the soundtrack is the main problem why the game has not been included in compilations recently.
- Street Fighter III: Gill is an awesome adition to the roster, SFIII 3rd Strike is one of my favourite fighting games, and I just played it again some weeks ago. Even in normal difficulty I couldn't beat Gill, I remember I did it once but that was years ago. I wonder how are they going to change his moveset in order to be a more balanced fighter instead of a final boss.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sadly, he does not have Resurrection,

I'm fine with this.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:38 pm Reply with quote
No mention of pokemon now that it has released?
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:22 am Reply with quote
Sonic 3 and Michael Jackson's involvement: Jackson sure had a huge project involving of the game, although the game got canceled. At that time, Jackson was said to own a huge arcade game collection in his home. Even by the time he had passed on in 2009, there are still some historical influence on him. I know not all Japanese fans didn't performed Jackson dance after his death was announced, i feel like they don't have a loyalty to him.

Gill in Street Fighter V: Pleased to see a Veteran Gill coming back after several years of his absence. I am hoping he could an another villainous role in Street Fighter 6 that takes place after the event of Street Fighter III, the game featured all-cast and all the veteran from Street Fighter II we're discarded at the time (except for Ryu and Ken, and Chun-li returned in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike).

Xbox One not popular in Japan: Of course, Xbox is actually made by an American and they don't have a loyal to him. Many of the Xbox libraries lack a lot of JRPG and visual novels that is Japan's innovation. But Xbox does have an popularity in East Asian countries like South Korea, China, Taiwan than Japan are and some games from these three countries are being released in it. South Korea, China and Taiwan are also being quite reverse to the Japan, is that the PC gaming is bing in these three countries whereas in Japan, console and handheld are far popular there. While we are getting a tons of PC ports from Japanese games, they are only releases overseas and are never put on Steam on Japan. Steam lacks some libraries in Japan, the only exception is that of doujin games.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:23 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
No mention of pokemon now that it has released?

I think the columnist Heidi also doesn't like how backlash the game suffered as well.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:

I think the columnist Heidi also doesn't like how backlash the game suffered as well.

only a vocal minority, tho. sales are good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1