• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kimagure Orange Road's Matsumoto Reveals Spinal Stenosis Diagnosis

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:05 pm Reply with quote
he should start a fundraising so we pitch in.. surgery is the only solution it seems.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 pm Reply with quote
The manga is still in print, and the anime is on CR and BD c/o Discotek. Wish him luck through his e-mail, please.

Last edited by GATSU on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I hope for a solution and a quick recovery!
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:17 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I hope for a solution and a quick recovery!

Hear hear!
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:30 am Reply with quote
I really feel bad for Matsumoto-sensei. I've met him a couple times and he's a super sweet man. I backed the highest KOR tier on KS when DMP ran their Kickstarter solely because of how kind he was. I can't imagine what it's like to go through a large chunk of your life constantly being in pain or now numb.

I really wish there was something that I could do other than to send well-wishes.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:11 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the club mate, Misery love's company. I've already had one surgery on BL3 and it looks like I'm getting ready for another on BL5. It took me 3 months to recover from the first one and I had to relearn how to walk and use my bowl and bladder, but after weeks of hydrotherapy I can at least walk again, but not too far from a toilet. I even have an app that tells me where the nearist public WC is where ever I'm away from home. I also set the alarms off at airport security so I have to lift up my shirt to show them the scar on my back. It's fun growing old. Laughing
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:03 am Reply with quote
I guess he's in his 50's. I'm a week shy of 45 and have dealt with it for 10 years (plus a shredded L5/S1 disc). Although surgery is an option that is getting closer I've avoided it so far. epidurals and caudal injections can help. Physical Therapy is essential early on just to learn the right exercises to do and how you should move your body to keep the pressure on your spine down.

That said, a year ago I had a couple which relieved the horrible radiating pain down my leg but I've been left with a numb foot that simply refuses to go away.

Not downplaying Mohawk52's experience but the title does make it sound a bit worse than it may be. There are varying levels of stenosis and maybe the most important thing he'll have to do is get a really good cushion for his chair.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm retired at 67, but I had the first one back in 2013. I had three epidurals that did no good at all so ended up in the table. Thankfully the pinch only affected my right leg, not both like this bloke, and BL5 is affecting the same leg again. I've already had 2 epi's which again only lasted a short while. I'm seeing my consultant Orthopaedic Chiropractor next week after fresh MRI's. Anime catgrin
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1