• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Mew Mew Manga Returns With Male Lead Characters in 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I’m not sure how to feel about this. I loved the original.
Sheriru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow. The only purpose for those Characters is too look sexy and appear to young woman. Heck, they wear less than the Original Characters. I wouldnt be surprised if there is at least 1 female Character since the Author is one that does Harem...
Thats a no from me lmao.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Gonna be honest, I burst out laughing at the headline and the art. But I'm happy to see that people are hyped about this. Maybe I'll check it out at some point.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm super excited!!! I adored the manga and the 4kids dub so much so knowing this is wonderful!!
#KougaMyazawa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Sheriru wrote:
Wow. The only purpose for those Characters is too look sexy and appear to young woman. Heck, they wear less than the Original Characters. I wouldnt be surprised if there is at least 1 female Character since the Author is one that does Harem...
Thats a no from me lmao.

Why is that such a bad thing? Considering the reverse happens much more often, and we get sexy women in revealing clothes basically every season....

I mean you don't have to read it, but you're sounding like it's unfair or something
Rentwo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Mew Berry wrote:
I genuinely can’t wait for this. I’ve seen a lot of negativity regarding the new cast, their gender and their designs, which makes me sad. I’ve been waiting years for something new to happen with the series that got me into anime without really expecting anything to and I’m extremely excited it’s actually happening.

Is this the first time an "all male reboot" has happened rather than the reverse? It is interesting, but not exactly surprising it draws the same kinds of negativity and upset fans.
JennLegacy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Rentwo wrote:
Mew Berry wrote:
I genuinely can’t wait for this. I’ve seen a lot of negativity regarding the new cast, their gender and their designs, which makes me sad. I’ve been waiting years for something new to happen with the series that got me into anime without really expecting anything to and I’m extremely excited it’s actually happening.

Is this the first time an "all male reboot" has happened rather than the reverse? It is interesting, but not exactly surprising it draws the same kinds of negativity and upset fans.

There's been a very small handful of times. My guess is that they're trying to copy the success of King of Prism (used to be an all-girls shoujo series for kids called Pretty Rhythm).
Roxas4ever

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:00 am Reply with quote
I have never felt such a conflicting mix of junior high nostalgia and raging hornyness before Laughing This makes me uncomfortable in the best way.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:54 pm Reply with quote
JennLegacy wrote:

There's been a very small handful of times. My guess is that they're trying to copy the success of King of Prism (used to be an all-girls shoujo series for kids called Pretty Rhythm).
I think it's also a response to last year's Hugtto Precure that temporarily had a male Precure.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Okay has anyone actually read this yet?

The first chapter honestly exceeded my expectations by a LOT. It is vastly different from the original Tokyo Mew Mew manga...and that works in its favor.

spoiler[ The heroine is older, smarter, and a total animal and plant expert/geek. Played both seriously and for laughs. She also knows how to defend herself. Yay feminism! But this doesn't make her immune to good-looking boys, necessarily. (Yay this isn't fake "woke" feminism!) But the good-looking boy in question, Aoi (he is the Irimote Cat like Ichigo was) really needs the heroine's support in being a hero because he has NO self-confidence and no goals. And she already wants to support him and she inspires him to better himself even though he's scared and embarrassed and it's cute....a shoujo manga with the heroine being the support to her love interest instead of the other way around!? YAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT.]

The only thing I didn't like was the spoiler[Dolphin glasses guy as he's one of those pretentious "Lol I'm so smart that means I can be a condescending ass to everyone else" characters. I freaking hate this stereotype] But Anzu and Aoi are promising enough to keep me interested in where the story goes. And of course there will be more characters spoiler[(hopefully better ones than Dolphin-ass.)]

BUT YEAH. I like this!! Thumbs up. Cool
saturnfireflie

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Do not understand any of the not sure feelings...:

This is cute animal magical boys!
What is there to be not sure of???

All in and cannot wait to see what this spin off has to offer
Localization please!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2