• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 22/7 Idol Project's TV Anime Reveals January 11 Debut, Episode 1's Story, New Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BSW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Is this going to be anything but a cheap ad for real idols, or is it gonna be just that instead of being its own series?

I can't remember the last idol series with female cast that was actually decent other than Love Live and Im@s series, and I don't have hopes for it happening anytime soon.
tomdean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
BSW wrote:
Is this going to be anything but a cheap ad for real idols, or is it gonna be just that instead of being its own series?

I can't remember the last idol series with female cast that was actually decent other than Love Live and Im@s series, and I don't have hopes for it happening anytime soon.

Love Live and IM had a plot. Esp. LL, started off as an anime then it became big. Hope I'm wrong but seems like a big promo to me.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:41 pm Reply with quote
At the very least, I’m wondering what they are doing with the “dimension-crossing” part.
Doodleboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they’re going to let Sally Amaki go full Sally Amaki...
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:53 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
At the very least, I’m wondering what they are doing with the “dimension-crossing” part.

As a project that is designed to promote a new idol group I am guessing that the dimension crossing angle will either be live action idol segments in the anime or the idols will put on live action events that connect to the story. That the AKB48 founder is behind the idol group does make me curious to see what happens with the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1