• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Editors Unveil 2020 Rankings

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:24 am Reply with quote
Well, as a woman, I read SPY x FAMILY, Chainsaw Man, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Dr. Stone.
But based on male and female ranking lists, it looks like male and female readers are divided.
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:01 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Well, as a woman, I read SPY x FAMILY, Chainsaw Man, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Dr. Stone.
But based on male and female ranking lists, it looks like male and female readers are divided.

I think the female list is limited to Shojo/Josei manga

Last edited by Dab1za9 on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:12 am Reply with quote
Interesting to see Shonen Jump+ nab the #1 manga magazine spot in place of Weekly Shonen Jump, but it does make sense. It has a wild amount of series from the past in full, has its own line of unique ongoing series (like Spy x Family), & is even now the home of revived vintage series, like the new run of Kinnikuman that's been going on since 2011 or the occasional run of Otoko Zaka.

I'd imagine that Jump+ also isn't quite as cutthroat as the physical magazine is, when it comes to prematurely ending a new series, but that's just speculation.
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:27 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

It's manga for male/female readers, ie shounen/shoujo. This doesn't necessarily tell us what the intended demographic prefers so much as which series the magazine staff thought were best within their assigned genre.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:37 am Reply with quote
Not surprised with the top spot for the male demographic. The serialization has been kinda slow, but SPY x FAMILY is really, really, REALLY good.

I'm really interested to learn more about the other titles on this list.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:31 am Reply with quote
I'm interested in knowing what makes Sayonara Miniskirt so special. The description I read was very vague, and I didn't see any reviews. I'll have to check it out.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:08 am Reply with quote
Congrats to Harada for making the womens list here and then being #3 in the BL list. (Which wasn't posted by ANN unfortunately)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1