Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Netflix's Levius Sends in the Clowns




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
meiam



Joined: 23 Jun 2013
Posts: 2565
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Aaaaa cool, a mech boxing thing that actually has good boxing choreography, that's everything megalobox needed, I'm jumping right in-

:see insane clown:
You know what? I'm good.

Also WTF is up with netflix and evil clown?


Last edited by meiam on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beatdigga



Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Posts: 2945
Location: Here!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Netflix kinda gets that Americans associate anime with two things - Giant robots and dudes punching other dudes in the face.

With someone groping a girl for good measure every other show.

So give the people what they want. That being said, Dammit Polygon. It’s not super egregious here like Godzilla was, but still. Why do they get to do Pacific Rim?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Greed1914
It's Over 9000!It's Over 9000!


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 3417
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I know it was a bit of a joke, but I would like to at least say that Netflix jumping in and nabbing sequels got old as soon as it happened. No more of that, please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scion Drake



Joined: 25 Nov 2017
Posts: 550
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:53 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Aaaaa cool, a mech boxing thing that actually has good boxing choreography, that's everything megalobox needed, I'm jumping right in-

:see insane clown:
You know what? I'm good.

Also WTF is up with netflix and evil clown?


As they say life never gives you what you want, it instead just screws you around. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiKuro



Joined: 01 Aug 2017
Posts: 133
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Wait... I'm confused. Is the clown the dude in the side-mask cause I was actually expecting an actual clown when I read "Evil Clown" and now I'm a little disappointed? Like, just a smidge?

I watched the trailer and thought it looked mildly interesting earlier today but I just can't with that animation. It doesn't look good enough to sit there and suffer through that shit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
all-tsun-and-no-dere



Joined: 06 Jul 2015
Posts: 129
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:51 pm Reply with quote
AntiKuro wrote:
Wait... I'm confused. Is the clown the dude in the side-mask cause I was actually expecting an actual clown when I read "Evil Clown" and now I'm a little disappointed? Like, just a smidge?

I watched the trailer and thought it looked mildly interesting earlier today but I just can't with that animation. It doesn't look good enough to sit there and suffer through that shit.


His name is Clown and he's evil. Pretty straightforward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiKuro



Joined: 01 Aug 2017
Posts: 133
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:44 pm Reply with quote
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
AntiKuro wrote:
Wait... I'm confused. Is the clown the dude in the side-mask cause I was actually expecting an actual clown when I read "Evil Clown" and now I'm a little disappointed? Like, just a smidge?

I watched the trailer and thought it looked mildly interesting earlier today but I just can't with that animation. It doesn't look good enough to sit there and suffer through that shit.


His name is Clown and he's evil. Pretty straightforward.


I didn't realize that was his name. I legit thought it was a literal evil clown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TendouMan



Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 8
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
AntiKuro wrote:
Wait... I'm confused. Is the clown the dude in the side-mask cause I was actually expecting an actual clown when I read "Evil Clown" and now I'm a little disappointed? Like, just a smidge?

I watched the trailer and thought it looked mildly interesting earlier today but I just can't with that animation. It doesn't look good enough to sit there and suffer through that shit.


His name is Clown and he's evil. Pretty straightforward.


I didn't realize that was his name. I legit thought it was a literal evil clown.


His name makes much more sense once you see his original manga counterpart. Whose name is Dr. Clown Jack Pudding.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/levius6466/images/f/f2/Dr._Clown.png/revision/latest?cb=20191027145511

Dude looks like a Final Fantasy villain reject and I love it to bits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tanteikingdomkey
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 1990
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:11 pm Reply with quote
TendouMan wrote:

His name makes much more sense once you see his original manga counterpart. Whose name is Dr. Clown Jack Pudding.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/levius6466/images/f/f2/Dr._Clown.png/revision/latest?cb=20191027145511

Dude looks like a Final Fantasy villain reject and I love it to bits.

Takes a drink of soda, and then opens up link.

Coughing fit due to soda going up my nose starts, honestly you should give people a warning.

I honestly thought the guy(in the anime) was supposed to sing about the music of the night. That guy however actually looks like a clown!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinigami-Seishou



Joined: 09 Jun 2005
Posts: 122
Location: Traveling
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:57 am Reply with quote
I think this is the most accurate description of any anime you guys have spoken about yet. Hilariously, so. Thanks, I just pretty much watched it in a few minutes without even going to Netflix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group