• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics Releases New Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Manga Chapter Before Chapter Releas

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:42 am Reply with quote
How often does a manga come out in English before it’s released in Japan officially like this?
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:05 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
How often does a manga come out in English before it’s released in Japan officially like this?

I couldn't give you a number, but my understanding is that it's very rare, which is why this particular instance is newsworthy. I'm betting this was a screwup on somebody's part.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:54 pm Reply with quote
It's definitely not a screwup. If you look at the source link for this article, Kodansha Comics is touting the release ahead of the Japanese release as the first time the company has ever been able to do this. Which is why we thought it was newsworthy enough to post about.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:32 am Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:
It's definitely not a screwup. If you look at the source link for this article, Kodansha Comics is touting the release ahead of the Japanese release as the first time the company has ever been able to do this. Which is why we thought it was newsworthy enough to post about.

Makes me wonder if they're going to try to make this more of a thing.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:44 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Makes me wonder if they're going to try to make this more of a thing.

I highly suspect it's just a deliberate attempt to cover-up a screw-up by declaring it 'intentional' as it's on themselves and not any licensee. The news DID come after the fact after all, make of that what you will...
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:38 am Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:

I'm happy to hear that it's not a screwup and I stand corrected.

That said, in my opinion it is mindboggling that the source touts this being an industry first for Kodansha but that information did not make it into the article. I feel that information is FAR more newsworthy than simply mentioning a release date. Why did ANN not explain that in the article?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1