• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Famitsu: Yoko Taro's Game of the Year is Astral Chain

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerox-guy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Truth to be told, I didn't like the game at all. I felt like everything in the game was mediocre. The voice acting was bad, and the level design too. The writing in general including the plot and the dialogue was lacking, and the characters looked bland and stiff that I felt like they were robots. The gameplay was decent but it was too repetitive. The only aspect that I loved about the game was the Musical composition.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Great choice Yoko Taro you never disappoint Very Happy Astral Chain was fantastic. I can't wait to see what Platinum Games puts out next!
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a 2018 game in Japan, I played it in December of last year and have most of the DLC save for retailer exclusives (I bought it digitally).
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:15 pm Reply with quote
xerox-guy wrote:
Truth to be told, I didn't like the game at all. I felt like everything in the game was mediocre. The voice acting was bad, and the level design too. The writing in general including the plot and the dialogue was lacking, and the characters looked bland and stiff that I felt like they were robots. The gameplay was decent but it was too repetitive. The only aspect that I loved about the game was the Musical composition.

Sounds like the Drakengard of the modern generation......which would explain why Yoko Taro likes it.
Jen Bigby

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:54 pm Reply with quote
It seems like Japan took to Death Stranding a lot more than Americans did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1