• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sword/Shield Games Get 2 Expansions

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:12 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
It's good they are planning a free update to add the older/new pokemons's data to allow trades but they shouldn't have tied the extensions to each game, people who bought both games will have to settle for having one of them extensionless unless they buy twice said extensions.

That’s a bullet those of us who bought both of them can probably bite since we have two games anyway. I usually pick one of the two games as my main once I finish the storyline on both.

My real question is where is it confirmed of this though? It would make sense for this to be the case since the DLC would need to be tied to each specific games’ memory just as is the case for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. By comparison, I will say a lower price point should have been selected for the Pokémon DLC since the Zelda DLC price is lower despite being a standalone game — You could easily sell it for half of the price and people will be more apt to buy them (especially parents who know nothing about Pokémon — A large sleeper demographic) while the many people who do buy both iterations would buy both DLCs for both games.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:33 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
My real question is where is it confirmed of this though? It would make sense for this to be the case since the DLC would need to be tied to each specific games’ memory just as is the case for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. By comparison, I will say a lower price point should have been selected for these games since the former’s DLC price is lower despite being a standalone game — You could easily sell it for half of the price and people will be more apt to buy them (especially parents who know nothing about Pokémon — A large sleeper demographic) while the many people who do buy both iterations would buy both DLCs for both games.

Nintendo Eshop itself for the confirmation : Here under DLC details.

Agree, they should have at the very least lowered the price of the second pack with a coupon code after buying the first one, talking about that, it seems like they only sell the extensions as pack, or rather i couldn't buy them separately when i tried.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
It's good they are planning a free update to add the older/new pokemons's data to allow trades but they shouldn't have tied the extensions to each game, people who bought both games will have to settle for having one of them extensionless unless they buy twice said extensions.

I mean, if someone is the type to double dip on Pokemon games, they'll probably have no problems double dipping on DLC either. Razz Not sure why it's not all just one one expansion for both games, but hey, if people keep paying for them they'll keep making them.

Although Sword continues to get the better end of the deal I see in terms of female characters.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:

.....I mean you're presuming no one will do that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2