• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 23rd Pokémon Film Opens on July 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cat's Tuxedo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:27 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Am I the only one excited because of the cute jungle boy? Rolling Eyes

Well, I'm with you there. He's certainly a looker.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:24 am Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:

That one exception could be all over for 2D animation. Just like how it happened in America. It's all thanks to Pixar, that now all we get is 3D animation. So that's why I appreciate it because 2D animation doesn't exist in America anymore. 2D animation is becoming a dying art.
Japan has already been moving towards more CGI anime for the past decade through studios like Polygon Pictures and Orange. The CGI Mewtwo movie didn't really seem to do that well in Japan so I wouldn't count on it killing all 2D anime. And there's still tons of 2D animation on American TV and streaming sites.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:

That one exception could be all over for 2D animation. Just like how it happened in America. It's all thanks to Pixar, that now all we get is 3D animation.

I mean it's not Pixar's fault Studios like Disney got burned with 2D films like Treasure Planet, Home On The Range, & Atlantis (while they were pumping out straight to video 2D films of mixed quality).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2