• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Winter 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:51 pm Reply with quote
blameitonStarBlazers wrote:

And I get that you guys don’t always know what’s going to happen and maybe hope there’s just going to be a week’s delay but, when it gets longer than that, I really think someone should step in and let readers—your fans and followers—know that there’s going to be a pause.

I think you're right - and we'll do our best rolling forward to let people know what to expect.
NeedMoreCats
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:11 pm Reply with quote
^ I really appreciate you saying that, Zac. It means a lot to me Smile Smile
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly surprised Iruma didn't make it this time. It makes sense why it didn't make it in the first go-round since its kid-friendly sensibilities tend not to get any attention at the start. But it's gained so much more of a following in the intervening months from word of mouth and just the fact that it's so much more entertaining than it has any right to be that I thought it surely would have built up enough votes by this point.

On another note coming from a vastly different direction, Nekopara not making it is honestly also a surprise. Considering it's popular enough that the VNs have all-ages ports in English on both Switch and PS4. Which should mean it has enough of a preexisting fanbase that it could get forced in no matter how mediocre this anime might be that it probably isn't getting any fans itself.

That aside, everything I voted for other than Iruma made it in this time (although it still pains me that Detective Conan never even gets included in the polls in the first place). But it probably helps that I didn't vote for any crap shows that I just want to see reviews for ironically this time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Nick Dupree has stepped up for MHA and is already doing a yeoman's job of tackling the backlog. Smile Yay!

Now, if we can just get all the continuing series added back to the Your Score pages, I'll be reasonably content (if still a bit miffed over Iruma-kun Smile). I can see some have shown up today, but a number of series with no review to trigger inclusion are still awol for 1-2 episodes (Ace of Diamond, Ahirui no Sora, Black Clover, Conan, Iruma-kun, Kabukicho, Kitaro, maybe more).

While I'm off-topic, seeing the community ratings for MHA all lined up on Nick's review like that reminded me how much I miss the charts, with the ratings all on one page to track how series are doing at a glance. I imagine it's just not workable to have both a place to rate un-reviewed series and charts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:12 am Reply with quote
Glad to see all my choices are being reviewed. Every single one...
squirrelmecha-2.0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Odd Nekopara is the Preview page But there's No review Nekopara
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4