EP. REVIEW: Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove it

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:12 am Reply with quote
NeverConvex wrote:
Strands of hair stuck in my teeth---ew, no thanks. Maybe that's just a personal problem. Razz

I don't think you'd get hair in your teeth from a chaste kiss like that. Laughing
NeverConvex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I cracked up at the episode 7 joke about the 3 suitors! That was a stupendous little joke about Fermat's Last Theorem. And, as with much of the earlier content, bizarrely accurate, but I guess by now there's not much reason to doubt the author's mathematical bona fides.

EDIT: I should have waited a few minutes! The Zermelo's Axiom of Choice reference---what in the world?! Laughing Laughing This show feels like it was produced in a truly strange alternate universe...
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I like this show and i find i WANT? to like it maybe more than i really do if that makes any sense... it has good stuff going on, and is rather unique in some ways. but that stupid bear ya we get it we got it the first time we saw him and we dont need to ever see him again, Sands of Destruction it made sense and was BEARable sorry for that, but now no so much.

well hmm i will see i am not as excited as i was to start but frankly this season is really really shallow and barren. Not much else to watch or look forward to which is sad. I was hoping for more good stuff from Hero Academia and from the new Railgun but both seem to have fallen into the trap of repeating themselves..some good series flop by looking into the mirror too much ..... and just cannot bring fresh material enough to keep them selves vital and alive.

I will watch Hyouka again and hope for New Yuru Canping full eps maybe?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:01 am Reply with quote
I'm a sucker for new takes on fairy tales, and they outdid themselves with this. I especially loved the shock at "That can't be true! Organisms can live on the moon?!" It was a bit disconcerting though at the end, where Yukimura thought Kaguya should have been kept as a study specimen. Shocked
John Thacker
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:17 pm Reply with quote
As someone with a math PhD from Cornell, I have to appreciate that there's an anime this season with the lines "I can't believe that they proved the Poincare conjecture using topology. Yeah, it's a consequence of Thurston's geometrization conjecture." Bill Thurston was at Cornell while I was there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2