• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: A Certain Scientific Railgun T

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OH&S

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:47 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I definitely don't think the norm should be a display of raw power, but I'm not sure that most of those you mentioned are really that great alternative displays of power. I'm going from memory here so if I get the volume contents wrong, please correct me.

Talk about pouring cold water over my logic. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Your comments are right but I'm not lying when I say that every single one of those instances is a more interesting application of her ability than "iRoN sAnD kAiJu" or "BiGgEr RaIlGun".

Actually, I'd still argue that the NT examples are demonstrative of the scale of her powers (even NT6).
VerQuality

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:45 pm Reply with quote
One thing I found this season did absolutely better than the first two was having both halves feel satisfactory. In S1 and S, the second arc felt tacked on, almost like a filler arc, and a lot of the things in them felt either like a retread of earlier developments, or somehow incongruous with the setting (the random giant robot felt off for the setting, and the setting allows a LOT of wiggle room). The writing overall felt a lot weaker. Meanwhile, this season I was really satisfied from the start to the end. It never does hit the highs of S, but it also avoids the lows, while keeping production quality at an admirably consistent high throughout (which coming off of Index III feels like a minor miracle).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14