Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: 22/7

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I had the scratch my head why the heck they had Sakura's seiyuu Sally speak in some Engerish when we all know she can speak English clearly. C'mon, 22/7! Show off her authentic bilingual nature in her character! Confused

But yeah, her grandma backstory felt rather meh overall which disappointing since I was looking forward what interesting directions they can do with Sakura. But alas! Now, I'm a little worried how they're going to handle the other girls' backstories so they don't end up really flat as Sakura's.
rizuchan
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:03 am Reply with quote
I'm glad I'm not the only one for who Sakura's story fell flat for. Dying grandparent stories are already so cliche for anime (although it makes some sense, since a lot of teenagers do have to deal with the death of their grandparents) and I never personally had a good relationship with any of my grandparents, so I can't even really relate.

I'm excited to see more about the other characters since, besides Nicole, they haven't gotten much attention at all, but it's always a bummer when my favorite character (so far at least) gets the boring character development episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I think I wanted to have reika , the "adult" one of the group (and life) act childish and unreasonable for a change; it worked for me like that.
But on the other hand I could not help but wonder what damaged akane so bad so that she is like she is.
rizuchan
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:50 am Reply with quote
Maybe this is nitpicky, but I couldn't get over this the whole episode - Reika's mother didn't die in childbirth... it was like, Reika was already born, and both her and her mom were both having health complications, and Reika's mom was like "don't worry about me, just save my child" Like, the hospital doesn't have the resources to save them both or something?? Maybe I'm just triggered because I really despise the whole "just save my child" trope altogether, but the drama of having to choose one life or the other doesn't make sense once the baby has already been born. And then to make it ickier, in return Reika has basically had to mother her worthless father her whole life. What a noble sacrifice.

That said, I did end up really liking Reika herself by the end of the episode. I'm actually really intrigued by her ending theme - at first I was turned off by the fanservice, but then the visuals of setting all of it on fire at the end makes me wonder if the lyrics are a little bit deeper.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2