• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: ID: INVADED

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a20032004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:52 am Reply with quote
I don't agree with the reviewer in the last episode. Kiki's suicidal intent was not her own decision she was driven to it by the evil chief and other murderers. It would also make zero sense for Momoki to kill her given his personality so that wouldn't work either and from the get go he never had a loaded gun anyways. He used a shotgun to breach the entrance door that he wasn't carrying up the building so the pistol never had bullets anyways.

Kiki's powers are new to the world and with the death of the evil chief she is in much better care now. The level of technology in the show is pretty high so they are likely not very far from a better solution for her than the existing system. The chief being evil likely did not want to develop the system any further as giving her freedom would also reveal his plotting. I don't think that everyone in the police force (the characters) never helped her as they definitely did save her multiple times and from her depression as she is much more hopeful for the future.

Kiki has plenty to live for it is just bad people abused her before any decent human being could help out. It would be interesting if they found her salvation in just adjusting how the system works as she is basically a empath in training with the right control she could link the minds of people together which would have untold applications beyond solving crimes which would make Kiki very rich.

I think it also makes sense to cover up how the system works otherwise bad people would try to abuse her powers all over again without her being able to freely move around outside a building sized control system which would make her a sitting duck/frog. It is the government's role to protect its citizen's Kiki included and euthanizing her when she is clearly clinically depressed is not something that makes any ethical/moral/legal/procedural sense. I like that there is no magical instant solution but they are working on it because that is realistic for a show with a large magical sci-fi component having the rest of the world grounded in reality is critical to the setting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3