• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Log Horizon TV Anime Gets 3rd Season in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I liked Log Horizon. I just can't really remember what happened in the previous seasons so that's a problem.
RenRen94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Brb, screaming in the database. So ready for Season 3, might rewatch the first 2 seasons in anticipation if I have the time.

It's times like these that I tell myself not to lose hope that shows from 3+ years can still get new seasons/reboots, as I still hold out hope for Yona of the Dawn, Pandora Hearts, Seraph of the End, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Noragami, Flame of Recca reboot, etc.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:49 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Chrono1000 wrote:
It is great to hear this announcement for a third season but it is a little surprising to see this happen more than 6 years after the second season.

Chihayafuru just returned after a six-year hiatus. Maybe a trend?

I really hope so because there are plenty of series that are over due for at least a season 2
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:59 am Reply with quote
partially wrote:
XerBlade wrote:
However, in the world of that franchise, Head-Mounted Displays, or HMDs (NOT VR headsets), have started to gain popularity, so a subset of hardcore The World players have started using them. This doesn't even make the game VR, it just sticks a monitor in front of your eyes.

You are confusing something very simple. VR already exists and has been around for 50 odd years. VR simply refers to creating a simulated reality, all computer games and simulations are a form of VR. You seem to be thinking that VR is solely a "full-dive" type of thing and that is completely incorrect. HMDs can correctly be called VR headsets as many of them are solely used to access VR worlds. Whether you use a monitor, HMD, sensory kit or stick a cable in your brain, they are simply the assorted ways to access VR worlds. They are not VR in and of themselves, they are but devices.

Also, Haseo's player did use a headset as well, not a monitor. I think that was just an assumption because he didn't like to make eye contact. He was even shown with a headset on playing in .hack//Sign as Sora. They do play using a regular controller so I think that throws people off, but there are plenty of VR games that don't use fancy hand controls.

BTW, there's more story lines in .hack about characters getting trapped in the World than just Sign.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:48 am Reply with quote
Well, I’ll be. I had plans to take a break from watching stuff in my anime backlog in 2020 save for catching up on one specific series due to it receiving a new season later this year. Looks like I’ll have two to go through now.
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:15 am Reply with quote
SCREAMS IN ABSOLUTE JOY!!!

I don't care that being this excited by a cartoon from a near 40 year old man is pathetic!

WE ARE GETTING A 3rd SEASON OF LOG HORIZON!!
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:24 am Reply with quote
Okay, Okay I've calmed down and had a sip of tea.

So having not particularly kept up with newer anime as much as I once did are there any anime like Log Horizon anyone would recommend.

I say like Log Horizon in regards to a large number of people who end up in another world (not just one person) and are not all boring either stupid powerful? or suddenly mass murdering sociopaths?
Kuroi Ren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
SCREAMS IN ABSOLUTE JOY!!!

I don't care that being this excited by a cartoon from a near 40 year old man is pathetic!

WE ARE GETTING A 3rd SEASON OF LOG HORIZON!!

Finally! I don't even get why it took so long for it to come back. Anime was great
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
Nice! I’m actually surprised that season 3 is happening at all. I thought the fact that Touno got caught attempting to evade taxes sunk any future installments of the anime. That it’s still gonna be on NHK is even more surprising.

but that is the thing. considering that he is in jail for tax evasion, its likely they might do a highschool dxd born and use an anime only type ending!

hell, for all we know vol 12 might be the only one that gets adapted fully but then resort to the anime only ending because the author is too controversal. especially if it is another 25-26 ep season!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
12Zwolf12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one that needs more Lenessia and Crusty?
One of my favorite dynamics in anime.

I just hope that they can keep the quality up and have less screen time for the newbie team.
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:42 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
Nice! I’m actually surprised that season 3 is happening at all. I thought the fact that Touno got caught attempting to evade taxes sunk any future installments of the anime. That it’s still gonna be on NHK is even more surprising.

but that is the thing. considering that he is in jail for tax evasion, its likely they might do a highschool dxd born and use an anime only type ending!

hell, for all we know vol 12 might be the only one that gets adapted fully but then resort to the anime only ending because the author is too controversal. especially if it is another 25-26 ep season!

He was never jailed. It wasn't even him that tried to evade tax. it was his accountant screwing up. So all Touno did was apologizing and pay his tax+penalty (plus firing the accountant). He paid everything the moment they notified him.

There's enough WN content for another two cours. The 2nd season also ends with WN chapter so there's precedent.
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Here comes the shit show... The previous seasons were so bad animated, I just hope they turn it around. Not that hopefull for studio DEEN though
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:40 pm Reply with quote
There are plenty of shows out there to watch if you just want substanceless visual flair. Log Horizon's strength has always been in its worldbuilding, politics, and battle tactics, where it runs circles around anything else that pretends to have MMORPG mechanics. Though, yes if someone isn't interested in those things then I could easily see it being declared by that person a "shit show".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4