• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How Can i know which companies sponsored a specific Anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KURO101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:23 pm Reply with quote
hi guys,

I don't know a lot about how the anime industry works but as far as i know an anime has sponsors financing the project so that the studio can animate it.

My question is how can i know which companies financed an anime? (is it in the credits, in the anime official site...).

Thanks Very Happy
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:39 pm Reply with quote
You may find this series of ANN articles illuminating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:09 pm Reply with quote
KURO101 wrote:
hi guys,

I don't know a lot about how the anime industry works but as far as i know an anime has sponsors financing the project so that the studio can animate it.

My question is how can i know which companies financed an anime? (is it in the credits, in the anime official site...).

Thanks Very Happy

For broadcast anime, the sponsors are usually mentioned between the show's opening and first commercial break. The sponsor card is omitted for the home video release, however.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:52 am Reply with quote
Also removed from streaming. If you ever wondered what that long eyecatch after the Detective Conan credits was, that's where the long list of big name mainstream sponsors are being listed.

As for when they are omitted from our streams...
If you can find torrents/pirate sites that use Japanese broadcasts as their raws they would still be there.

For current series you could probably go to their Japanese websites- they should be prominent. https://bofuri.jp/ (I think that's them at the bottom... sponsors largely being the producers- .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NonSteb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:48 pm Reply with quote
The sponsor card is omitted for the home video release, however.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1