• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Creator Kubo Tite's New Work to Be Unveiled at AnimeJapan 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megax36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 am Reply with quote
I think the best course of action would be to make improvements to the final arc and offer a more satisfying ending.

It wouldn't be the first time that an anime had an original ending that differed from the manga. Some well known examples of this are the original Fullmetal Alchemist, Akame ga Kill, Soul Eater, Rurouni Kenshin, and YuYu Hakusho.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:16 pm Reply with quote
SAG4 wrote:
I believe it will be the return of the anime with 24~26 episodes at most, enough to adapt the final saga and honor the legacy of Bleach. There are chances to be a second live action. And as someone mentioned, it can be a live action by Hollywood too.

Didn't the first movie do worse than JoJo when that came out?
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:19 pm Reply with quote
SAG4 wrote:
I believe it will be the return of the anime with 24~26 episodes at most, enough to adapt the final saga and honor the legacy of Bleach.

It would take 50 episodes at minimum to cover the entire last arc. Ideally it would be 60. Perhaps the reason a continuation has taken so long is because everyone involved knows it's at least a year-long commitment. Like, $10 million commitment.

They could do a movie version... I'm not sure I'd want that.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Megax36 wrote:
I think the best course of action would be to make improvements to the final arc and offer a more satisfying ending.

It wouldn't be the first time that an anime had an original ending that differed from the manga. Some well known examples of this are the original Fullmetal Alchemist, Akame ga Kill, Soul Eater, Rurouni Kenshin, and YuYu Hakusho.
Those weren’t endings made to “improve” the original story. They were adaptations made before the manga finished so they had to create their own original ending. As far as I’m aware, there hasn’t been an anime where the manga finished first and the anime still changed the ending afterwards. The Food Wars ending wasn’t liked either yet I’m not aware it’s anime adaptation plans to change the ending.
Benisara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually hoping it's a new manga or anime project. I loved Bleach dearly and will always love it, his art is still so unique and special to me. But it's time to move on and I hope he will be bringing in a new story line. I also heard a rumor that there might be a new Burn the Witch OVA which would be really cool, IMO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3