• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 5 Top Anime Opening Songs of Winter 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:39 pm Reply with quote
"Easy Breezy" is a lot of fun but honestly it feels like rip off (no pun intended) of a RIP SLYME song, which is very very likely is since the group has stated they were influenced by RIP SLYME.

For me, this season is really weak in regards to OP/ED. The only good ones, and thus the best ones, are (In no order)

1. OP & ED for Koisuru Asteroid ("Aruite Ikou!" by Nao Touyama and "Yozora" by Minori Suzuki)
2. ED Somali to Mori no Kamisama ("Kokoro Somali" by Inori Minase)
3. OP Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! ("Easy Breezy" by Chelmico)

The worst for me is probably (K)NoW_NAME lately. You said they have "industrial roughness" but this is rather new thing for them. Before the disaster known as "Fairy gone." their music was a lot lighter and more beautiful. Their songs in "Grimgar" for example were pretty emotional while soft. And their Sakura Quest OP and ED themes were a great mix of fun and melancholic. But they also composed the entire Sakura Quest OST and none of that went anywhere as "rough" as their "Fairy gone" stuff. For me it's just too much of that "rough" and doesn't flow musically very well.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Swissman wrote:
Raiyou wrote:
No mention of Black Catcher Black Clover OP10! Easily the best OP of winter, best opening of the year 2020 and most likely best opening of the decade 2020s.

I've just watched the opening for the first time, and I don't see what makes this one so different from countless other rockpop oriented openings which have been in vogue for a long time now. Is it the piano? The visuals? The singing? ...

Allow me to cut through the fanbase as they are super happy to finally be at the high point of their manga.
The opening for black clover 10 actually makes excellent use of color and atmosphere since the anime got to them spoiler[fighting Satan and the big bads huge reveal ] the use of monochromatic coloring and effectively inverse coloring of the characters works really given the oppressive power that said spoiler has, it makes the characters come across as almost claustrophobic. that is my take anyway
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Why is nobody here giving credit to the banger that is the In/Spectre OP?
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:44 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
I am going to disagree with you about Pet. It should be number 1

The ending is great too

Well said, sir Wink
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:35 am Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Why is nobody here giving credit to the banger that is the In/Spectre OP?

It's grown on me, but it can't hold a candle to the jazzy ED sung by Miyano Mamoru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6BXm1vRkAM

Brains-Base has always had great taste in music. Both Baccano! and Kurenai had strong OP and ED songs.
Erufailon4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:31 am Reply with quote
Id:Invaded's OP and ED are both excellent, and so are Hanako-kun's. As for Eizouken... I personally prefer the ED by a long shot but the OP isn't bad either. Somali's OP is interesting as it really doesn't feel like an OP, even for a relaxed show like Somali. It's okay, I guess? The ED, however, is top-tier and my second fav this season after Invaded's one.

Also, even if I'm not too ecstatic about the series itself, Magia Record's ED deserves a special mention for the nicely done compositing of live-action footage and animated characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2