• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Pet is Pizza, Pringles, and Psychopaths

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dop.L

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only person who spotted Harakiri Sunshine.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:50 pm Reply with quote
It's the characters' amorality that makes this show interesting to me, along with the occasionally impressive mindscape visuals. Plot-wise, the big hook is whether it's possible for any of these telepaths to escape the corporation that owns their lives, but I'm really digging the power dynamics between them and the inventive uses they come up with for their powers in order to feel like they have some control over their own lives.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:11 pm Reply with quote
It's crazy how stacked Takahiro Ohmori's resumé is. Hoping for good things from this show.
Kirki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:21 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
It's the characters' amorality that makes this show interesting to me, along with the occasionally impressive mindscape visuals. Plot-wise, the big hook is whether it's possible for any of these telepaths to escape the corporation that owns their lives, but I'm really digging the power dynamics between them and the inventive uses they come up with for their powers in order to feel like they have some control over their own lives.

Seconded! I'd also say that the most inetersting part is to slowly unveil the characters' past and how it affects their relationships with each other, mainly Hiroki and Tsukasa.

I'm still having trouble in understanding some of the mechanics though. The "valleys" are supposed to be someone's traumas and the "peak" their best memory? How does that work?
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:32 am Reply with quote
Why was my post removed?
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:44 am Reply with quote
Still such a shame this series didn’t get voted for weekly reviews every episode reveals new layers and complexities.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1