• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is ID: Invaded High Concept or Just High?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:50 pm Reply with quote
My favourite part of this series is when it brought in the cliched "I'm demonstrating how evil and shallow humanity is" killer and didn't indulge their teenage level nihilism, instead just had our MC hit back with "No all you've done is demonstrate how evil and shallow YOU are."
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:57 pm Reply with quote
This is my favorite show of the season so far. It's just so entertaining that when the credits roll my reaction is "What do you mean it's over already?"

I'm curious to see where this show goes considering the low episode count. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a trainwreck.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I so want this series to be good. I am nervous because the series keeps putting off a lot of basics of introducing stuff.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:02 am Reply with quote
I just binged the first 6 episodes and I gotta say, you don’t have nearly enough hole-in-the-head jokes! That poor little detective girl’s whole personality is gonna be defined by her drilled noggin, and it’s kind of hilarious how she’s still doing the same job. Like, doesn’t she need major rehab? But this show just loves it’s brain damaged characters so much.

Also worth making fun of: “when police officers kill, they have *moral intent*, so the thought reader dohicky just wouldn’t work on them!”
And Saikaiku has to describe himself as a “brilliant detective” at least once an episode.
The poor murder victim who has to show up in every mind palace, even though she was killed by someone else in real life, and if she doesn’t get killed in the mind palace, she has to commit suicide because...them’s the rules, I guess? (What kind of “brilliant detective” sees a suicide note saying “this is a suicide” and believes it?)

This show is really wacky. It’s hard to suspend disbelief for the more serious parts, but I am curious as to how Johnnie Walker is making serial killers, so I might stick around. I’m also rooting for brain hole girl!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1