• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin 'Final Chapter' Films Bring Back Yosuke Eguchi as Saitō

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonryu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I hope we get a Saito vs chandelier rematch!

I love the live action Rurouni Kenshin films - as far as movies based on manga go, they are the best IMO (with the Attack on Titan movies being the worst). The ONE thing I disliked however was Saito using gotatsu on a chandelier Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:07 pm Reply with quote
One of the few actual good anime/manga live action versions
wingweaver84

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:42 pm Reply with quote
sonryu wrote:
I hope we get a Saito vs chandelier rematch!

I love the live action Rurouni Kenshin films - as far as movies based on manga go, they are the best IMO (with the Attack on Titan movies being the worst). The ONE thing I disliked however was Saito using gotatsu on a chandelier Rolling Eyes

Adaptations,in my opinion,never work but in this case I wholeheartedly agree. I wish it had been just a little closer to the manga but it's not enough to detract from it.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:07 pm Reply with quote
New trailer is supposed to come out in a couple days. I hope they'll be announcing ONE OK ROCK as the theme song artist in the video.

I'm looking forward to the release of these movies. I assume that Funimation will release them in theaters. Got my fingers crossed!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1