• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/Prototype: What Fate/Stay Night Could Have Been

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:04 pm Reply with quote
One thing that I learned about Paracelsus von Hohenheim (aka the Caster who appeared in Prototype: Fragments) is that all thanks to him making a mention of Misaya in F/GO (through one of his My Room lines in that game), it took me a while to find out that he spoiler[pulled off an act of betrayal towards her and her father in Fragments and has expressed regret for doing such a thing].
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Frog-kun wrote:
Kisuke525 wrote:
Damn the Artoria disrespect hurts Sad And Kim when you say saber in FGO is just a joke do you mean standard or Alter?

Alter. My bad, that sentence was unclear.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone!

Thanks for clarifying. Is Alter really that much of a joke in the story though? I don't remember her being that way in Shinjuku. Then again its been awhile since I played Shinjuku so I could just be forgetting. Do you mind me asking what you're basing that statement on?
Morry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Actually male Arthur looks pretty cool, with some great story concepts. I'd actually really love to see an action reverse-harem like this get adapted. With the right writers, they could probably flesh it out into something really great.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:01 pm Reply with quote
See now this sounds like a more interesting version of FSN. I can imagine the emotional build up to the episode/part in the OVA when Arthur confesses to Ayaka that he was the one who killed her older sister Manaka. Delicious drama and angst.
Belgand

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:40 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed F/SN, but I always wished that Prototype had been made instead. Not because I want hot guys or care about the gender of the protagonist or any of the harem nonsense, but because the swapping of genders always felt so clunky and forced. It was painfully apparent that they were trying to force new genders and characters in to appeal to a changed demographic. Female Arthur was one of those "seriously?" moments. Just like the bizarre logic used to explain why Rider was Medusa when it was obviously intended to be Perseus. Again, it's not that I like Medusa, she's one of my favorite characters, but it shows too clearly that the entire Rider class was intended for someone else. It's especially apparent when you compare F/SN to Zero where those changes didn't take place and there's no need to fit everything into a harem.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:03 am Reply with quote
I get the wishful "what-if" thinking if Fate/Prototype was used as the starting point instead of what we got, but something bugs me about the wishing for Prototype because the male Saber (and subsequently his Master) is seemingly better handled than the Saber we all know. Don't get me wrong, I get the unfortunate writing flaws made for Saber has, but isn't this an opportunity to correct it? I have a wishful thinking (maybe during Fate/stay night's 20th Anniversary in 2024), they actually do adapt the Fate route but this time fix all the writing flaws associated with Saber and maybe breathe some new life by exploring new angles with her character.

Or is it a fools' errand because all those "Saber clone" characters already fulfilled those various possibilities? Or is it because Saber is the face for the Fate franchise like say Marth for Fire Emblem or Superman for DC Comics such that face is just dull to work with regardless? Or more cynically, will the hardcore fans (mostly boys probably) will scream terror for such changes made towards Saber or the Fate route?
ShiranaiAtsune

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:11 am Reply with quote
...I'm just hoping that there'd be more Fate/Prototype in the future. Who knows, maybe we could get an actual anime adaptation one day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2