• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Unveils 7 'Crunchyroll Originals' Works Including Tower of God, Noblesse, God of H

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I’m wondering what this means for dubs. I’m aware Crunchyroll has a love-hate relationship with the English language, but now that they have more control things could change.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Didn't know there was going to be this much hate for manhwa on this website lol To each their own.

I, myself, am super excited for Tower of God (Honestly, an amazing read and I truly recommend it.) and God of High School.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Huh. High Guardian Spice is still a thing, huh? Well, I hope all of these productions are successful. I personally never read manhwa myself, though I am reading this really good online one called The Monster Duchess and the Contract Princess, which more people need to read!
Kaori Makimura

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Edit: wrong topic.

I will say that crunchyroll financing this stuff is a good thing; if only because some of the trends in japan right now (isekai, harem light novels and far too many idol shows) are driving me crazy.
Vic1989

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I was waiting for GOH for months. Best shounen manhwa out there.
Next please is unOrdinary and Solo Leveling.
With boring and bland mangas these days(Academia, Black Clover, Kimetsu no Yaiba and few others) this news gives fresh vibes Very Happy
SejinPK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I think these look interesting in concept, and that trailer is really cool. My favorite clip was from God of Highschool, with the grappling move, and then especially the block and attack combo shown right after it. I've seen some martial arts demonstrations along those lines, and the animation seemed to reflect the moves really well. Consider me excited!
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
So they were going to adapt God of High School...but their first announcement a year and a half ago was Kate Leth’s vanity project?

You know if they announced God of High School first people would have been a lot more forgiving.

Would you be willing to bet your life on that?

You give otaku wayyyyyyy too much credit.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to God of High School and Tower of God, since I started reading both of those on Webtoons, but dropped them for lack of time.

I'm really glad that Production I.G. is still doing Noblesse, since I thought their first adaptation was nicely done (and I enjoyed the Korean effort as well). I still haven't finished reading it though. I think the world building is great, the story is good, and the humor works without hurting the drama, but after a few seasons, the authors seemed to be marking time staging endless battles consisting mostly of panel-filling SFX, and it just bored me to tears. I'm hoping an anime will tighten all this up, and the action won't need any visual SFX, so it should move along better. I need to try to wade through the Webtoon though, to see how it ends. Smile
alielle3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Kami-koto wrote:
Maybe there's a chance of seeing Kubera adapted one day.

Yes please! I love Kubera but have been having a hard time keeping track of the 700 characters. Anime would help this substantially!

Also, for the love of God, CR, dub your content! Licensing and not dubbing isn't just you not spending the time or money, it's literally preventing any other company from doing it either!
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:56 pm Reply with quote
alielle3 wrote:
Kami-koto wrote:
Maybe there's a chance of seeing Kubera adapted one day.

Yes please! I love Kubera but have been having a hard time keeping track of the 700 characters. Anime would help this substantially!

Also, for the love of God, CR, dub your content! Licensing and not dubbing isn't just you not spending the time or money, it's literally preventing any other company from doing it either!

Judging by their recent works and licensed anime, they're allowing more dubs, and this one could lead to more.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:16 am Reply with quote
Interesting that they're making sure to note that some of the titles are being worked on by Japanese studios, but the actual content is either manhwa or western in origin

Well, not familiar with these titles, so hopefully something good comes out of this
dany_elle1908

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:47 am Reply with quote
Omg so much hate in this topic . I one I'm a huge fan of manwha. Are a lot very good out there. Shocked . I kinda stop reading manga a year ago. I'm looking forward for noblesse and GOH.
Guess each with their preferances.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:15 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Interesting that they're making sure to note that some of the titles are being worked on by Japanese studios, but the actual content is either manhwa or western in origin

Well, not familiar with these titles, so hopefully something good comes out of this

In/Verse is the one based on a Japanese manga so far.

Meiji Gekken is still undertermined if its written by a Japanese or Western team.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:32 pm Reply with quote
I finally get to see best boy Khun Aguero Agnis animated!! And the best boy trio from RK-5!
It's like my high school/college years are all coming back to me ;u;

Since Crunchyroll seems to be targeting adaptions from diverse sources, I'd love a LESSA and 1/2 Prince adaption (hopefully it's not too late for the isekai hype train), or anything from Ha Il-Kwon (love his works).

(What's with the Babymetal song btw?)
ronri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Meiji Gekken looks the most visually interesting just from its visuals and character designs, so I'm kind of amused to find that it's one of the only completely original works here that isn't based on a source material.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4